Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pondering a two or three ride? 3 days out and back to Bristol.
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Planning to get a lift out or train from Bristol to somewhere and ride back. Staying in a tent overnight.

Anyone done this or got any suggestions.

I was pondering Gower then Cwncarn then Brsitol.

Pondering ann Planning.

noteeth
    Free Member

Pondering ann

What does ann feel about you pondering her? 🙂

Good choices – on a similar note, I wish this line was still a formal part of the rail network. Rail-to-trail in the Qs!!

MrAgreeable

We did a road tour out to Porlock last year which was really nice. We didn’t go off-road, but you could put together a good route that way – there’s good mountain biking on Exmoor and you go past the Mendips and the ‘Tocks.

MrAgreeable

Just re-read your first post – you could get the train to Minehead, do a loop on Exmoor, camp behind the pub in Porlock, head over to the Q’s, and then head back via Cheddar Gorge – I think you can ride all the way to Bristol off-road from there!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I wish this line was still a formal part of the rail network

They carry bikes, you just have to ride from Tauton to Bishops Lydeard.

RT – I’ve considered getting the train to Abergavenny and playing in nthe black mountains before. Not got round to doing it yet.

There is also this which you could tag more riding onto:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/trailguide/uk/south-west/the-isle-of-purbeck/

nickjb
    Free Member

How about riding the ridgeway? Start the othe side of Aylesbury then maybe hook up with the wansdyke. South Wales sounds good, too, if you can find a good route.

redthunder
    Free Member

The ridgeway sounds good 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Blackmountains 🙂

Off to Tracklogs 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pondering a two or three ride? 3 days out and back to Bristol.’ is closed to new replies.