Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • pompino riders a sizing question for you
  • firestarter
    Free Member

hi looking at getting a pomp but not 100 percent on sizing. im five ten so right in the middle of med/large i ride a 54 surly crosscheck

the size guide on one says knock of 3cm from conventional size to that would put me on a 51cm med but the eff tt on the surly is 560mm and its 555mm on the large and only 541 on the med.

standover is also lower on the large than it is on my current surly . so im swaying towards a large but would value any actual rider imput. thanks

tony_m
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” with a 31.5″ inside leg, and have a couple of 51cm / medium Pomps – both have got 100mm stems, one 17° rise and the other 6°. Both feel fine to me, but then I’ve never ridden anything else to compare them against, so they might not actually be “right”… 😕

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks mate. Anyone else Ta

samuri
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and have a large (54cm) with a 100mm stem. Fits me great.

stanley

Ooh, I can help out here !

I’m 5’10” with 33″ ish inside leg. Ride a Pomp and a Crosscheck.
    Crosscheck is a 54 and Pomp is a large.
    Very happy with the fit of them both.

Have a bit more top-tube clearance on the CC, but I think the proportions of the Pomp frame look better, ie. longer headtube and sloping top-tube.

The SO has a Kaffenbak (same as Pomp sizing) also in a large. She is about 5’8″ and looks right on the large frame too.

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks fellas

stever
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and buy regular trousers. I ride a L with a flipped 100mm stem and seat rammed forwards. If I bought one again I’d probably go M and a slightly longer stem. Not a showstopper though.

epicyclo

There’s enough standover in the Pompino frame to allow you to size up. I bought an XL even though I’m 5’10”.

This was to get a comfortable handlebar height which suits its intended use as a do all bike.

The Pompino is a much better bike than you’d expect from the low price of the frame.

ski
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” on a good day 😉

Used to have a M sized Pomp, which was great for commuting and off road stuff.

firestarter
    Free Member

you lot really arent helping lol 😉 now i just need to find one , be it large or medium. only one i can find with a 135mm rear end is the new disc one but i want cantis. none of you have the 135mm one and are upgrading are you

btw any of you have the 135mm one , it seems so hard to find im wondering if there was a problem with chainline or anything as they stopped it on the second generation ones . anyone know

thanks

ChrisHeath

I’m 6’2″ and ride a large (54) Pomp.

Roblilly
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ and ride a 54″ pompino. Guess I must be a freak!!

stever
    Free Member

Chainline – nothing a BB won’t solve. 2nd generation 135mm built bikes came with a too short BB, which might be what you’re thinking of. 120mm rear is traditional track width. Fixie freaks don’t find a great deal of choice in 135mm hubs. Possible though.

convert

5’11” with 33.5 inside leg on a size large pomp and tbh honest that felt a big small in the tt dept and sat up right when it was in conventional mode (it’s now a pub/shop flat barred hack). I come from a roadie background and am used to being low and stretch (prefer my road frames with around 57.5cm tt) but a mtb orientated rider more used to a sit up and beg position would probably find it fine. I would have considered the xl if the head tube was not so long as to put my bars stupidly high.

firestarter
    Free Member

steve i was looking for the 135 as i already have a spare pair of 135 / 700cc disc wheels so was gonna run ss one side and a six bolt fixed cog on the other.

seem hard to come by tbh might be better buying new , will have to see the new pomps with disc arrive mid oct so the old ones might get flogged off mega cheap. fingers crossed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘pompino riders a sizing question for you’ is closed to new replies.