• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Del.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pompetamine sizing help
  • dazzydw
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one of these as my all-year commuter. Spec looks perfect, if a bit pricey…
    But how do you choose the right size??!!

I'm 5ft10, I've tried out a MediumLong Roadrat, and that seems to fit ok, but comparing the On-One geometry table it seems the on-one has really short top tubes for the same Medium frame. Do I assume its just measured funny. Any suggestions?

dazzydw
    Free Member

theflatboy
    Free Member

i'm 6'2" and have a large, but am probably borderline for an XL. i'd def get a medium if I was you.

Clink

I'm same height as you and ride a medium long roadrat with flats. Had a medium Pomp, with drops, which was ok but felt a bit cramped. If I was to get another I'd go for a large Pomp.

Del

conversely i'm 5-10 and a little bit and have finally come to the conclusion that my large pomp is just a bit too large with the setup i have.

Clink

What's your setup Del?

dazzydw
    Free Member

I should clarify – I will need a flat bar setup, not drops.

Del

drop bars, 70mm 6deg stem IIRC, dia-compe brake levers. the levers are a little 'deep', meaning that the reach is a bit longer on the hoods than the levers i have on another bike. i recently got a new fork to put some spacers under the stem, and raise it up a little but even so, i still find it a tiny bit more of a stretch than i would like. this is with the seat towards the front of it's travel too.
    it's got to the point where i'm thinking of moving it on because it's just never going to be quite right.
    shame – otherwise it's the perfect winter commuter, with full sks guards, and reasonably fat tyres.
    maybe i'll try a flat bar ( again ) or a set of marys on it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pompetamine sizing help’ is closed to new replies.