Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • polzeath hire stuff etc
  • iDave
    Free Member

anyone know the cost of belly board hire?

for my kids, would it be cheaper to buy some gash ones up north in some ghetto supermarket?

and how much is surfboard hire, for a chap like myself?

BTW – I've tried google already

el_creedo
    Free Member

If you're going for more than a day – i'd say buy some cheap ones (you will even find that they're cheap in Cornwall).
    Surfboard hire should be in the region of a tenner for the day for you – wetsuit etc, on top is, of course – extra! You'll have no worries getting one, there are tonnes of companies there now cashing in.
    Be ready for a very busy beach and very busy water if you're going soon!
    Enjoy it though, I love Polzeath.
    Recommend doing th coastal path from there to Rock, it's stunning, and you'll find some much quieter beaches for chilling on.

iDave
    Free Member

cheers, not a fan of the crowds since the Henries moved in, but the kids love it and evening surf can be ace.

ourmaninthenorth

Haven't been to Polzeath for, ooh, 15 years. Not since I last holidayed in Rock…. 😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

idave – usually about £10-15 for a day for either surfboard or bodyboard (a bellyboard is a wooden board used by old people). I know most of the hire people in Polzeath so always get it free!

If you need any info on anything, I grew up there and know the place very well.

Wife is from Rock and her grandparents still have a house and a few acres there. There's comedy money sloshing around that area.

scruff
    Free Member

You can borrow my minimal if you can fit it in / on.

iDave
    Free Member

Yes please, I'd like to borrow your Minimal scruff. what is it? how big is it, bearing in mind my noddy car dimensions? can i call round sometime and see if it fits?

scruff
    Free Member

Its a medium and I've moved house ➡

endurobadger
    Free Member

plenty of kids boogie boards etc in the shops round there for 6 or 7 quid, just been. loads more surf hire places seem to have sprung up on the beach since i were a lad.

got myself a shorty wetsuit in wadebridge for about 45 quid (along near biek hire places, probably worthwhile rather than hiring and at least only you will have weed in it 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Yes but those boogie boards are utterly terrible – hire ones are usually fairly good – stiffer, ride better, etc.

endurobadger
    Free Member

true. but depends how old your kids are – if they are 6 who cares

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Enduro – when they fold them after one wave, they'll care. Even £15 ones are heaps better.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘polzeath hire stuff etc’ is closed to new replies.