Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Polygamy – How does that work long term?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Just watching that show on C4, made me think.

So if there are approx 50% male/females born in any community, how does a society work where some of the men take 5 or 6 wives?

Surely this will just mean a big squad of very pissed off single males waiting to kick off!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Men would have to go back to rutting like stags.

garage-dweller

A society with a large number of men with freedom to spend on bikes but very toned arms.

Cougar

how does a society work where some of the men take 5 or 6 wives?

Presumably the women are similarly free to take 5 or 6 husbands?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Polygamy is great for increasing the population as fast as possible – so i think it should be banned

Polyandry on the hand limits population growth – but is only practiced in tibet, I think it should be promoted . . . . Well seems like an amusing idea for a nano second until you think of the reality…..

djglover
    Free Member

Polyandry sounds appealing, I could bang the mrs and take the kids to the park whilst some other sap does the DIY and takes the bins out.

Simon

One’s enough thanks.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Someone’s gotta say it does the guy that’s married to two women( both attractive) get to have threesomes ? Is that allowed ?

winston_dog
    Free Member

Is that allowed ?

Sorry I don’t think so!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Pointless then I’d leave

brakes
    Free Member

Mahogany is a lot more sustainable.

northernmatt

Happy Birthday wife number 3. Go get a job!

wiggles
    Free Member

Imagine all the birthdays and anniversaries you’d forget and and have to deal with the wrath of multiple women have to remember

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hiding multiple bikes and parts from multiple wives sounds like too much hard work. Also.. Imagine the mountain of diy projects you’d get landed with.

Cougar

Is that allowed ?

Presumably what’s “allowed” is whatever the people in question decide they’re going to do. In a conventional monogamous relationship, are you allowed to tie each other up?

From what I know of polygamy / polyamoury (I’ve not seen the show but if it’s the one I think it is then I know someone in it), group fun isn’t typically part of the arrangement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Polygamy – How does that work long term?’ is closed to new replies.