Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pollok Park Bike Trails
  • Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Thought about going to a stanes course today, but wanted to avoid spending so much petrol money so stayed local.

Went to the trails at Pollok Park in Glasgow. Haven’t really thought they were too great in the past due to their compactness.

I’m going to start going here a bit more often.

Anyone else noticed an improvement in this wee course?

rj
    Free Member

Not been in ages. How have they improved? Any longer than they were?

BoardinBob

No longer than they were. Work done to improve the surface and drainage making them rideable even following the week of torrential rain we had.

Expect to encounter walkers and/ or dogs all over the trail.

Mugdock’s a much better alternative. I was up there last night and encountered about 6 people in three hours.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Keep looking around too because there’s loads of natural stuff round there. Easily enough spend a whole evening there riding some of that stuff and some of it’s quite interesting too. The man made stuff is great for a blast though too. It was on my commute home so was there a lot!

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Actually – only encountered two other people – both on bikes. Mugdock is good too, but the wrong side of Glasgow for a quick trip. I can almost get to Drumlanrig in the same time it takes to get to Mugdock, (well not quite but not far off it).

The surfaces and drainage at Pollok have improved considerably.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Hmm, really should drag myself off the sofa and have another look at Pollok. Lovely evening in Glasgow.

Waves to Doug.

allyharp

I heard they were building a new “black” route, any sign of that or is it all tosh?

I’ve only been once but might head over again sometime if there are changes.

Tonight though is Mugdock…

BoardinBob

“black” route consists of 2 (pretty big) jumps in the middle of the blue toute.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Alright Stu, waves back! I’ll skype you some time soon. Get over to Pollok though it’s better than nothing and is a nice ride over there. I forgot to say that it get’s a bit muddy though! The jumps are stupid, about 2 feet to flat, what’s the point???

BoardinBob

I think you’ve missed the new, larger jumps. There’s one decent size table top, maybe about 10 – 15 feet long

iainc

I can almost get to Drumlanrig in the same time it takes to get to Mugdock, (well not quite but not far off it).

Quinn – I thought you lived in EK ?? I do and I ride with GMBC at Mugdock most Wed nights – I leave the house at 7, arrive at 735 and we are riding just thereafer. Takes exactly 30mins to drive home as the roads are a bit queiter at 1030…..

If you fancy coming along drop me a mail ?

….GMBC plug over …….. -)

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Iain, I do live in EK. I usually take about 50 mins to get over there but it’s been a while. I may well take you up on this!

Ta!

iainc

Cheers – have mailed you back

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pollok Park Bike Trails’ is closed to new replies.