• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Xan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pollock Park
  • Xan
    Free Member

Been off the bike for a few weeks after having a few problems with my back. Starting recover slightly and want to try a short cycle to try and get myself back into it. I live in Glasgow and saw that there is a mountian bike run in Pollock park in glasgow. Has anyone ever been on this and if they have whats there opinion on it? Does this suit my needs??

PS Boarding Bob, if you are on picking up new parts tonight and hoping to fit before my run in the morning so let you know how it feels.

allyharp

I’ve been once and I’d say even though it’s very short, it’s quite good fun. I reckon the red loop would be a great skills builder if you were to ride it repeatedly as it’s got some small jumps and slippy logs to play around on.

Don’t even bother with the green though. It’d only take 2 minutes to do it but it’s an almost perfectly flat oval path and not worth getting your bike muddy for 😉

I heard some chat that they were currently working on a black loop. Anyone know about this?

Xan
    Free Member

This track is due to have alot of money spent on it. It is going to be used in the Comonwealth games so I think you will see a bluck run appearing very soon.

Sounds like it might suit my needs, getting me back into it without crippling me. Last time this happened headed up to Carronvalley soon after it started getting better and that is how it went again.

BoardinBob

Avoid it at the moment.

They’ve been doing “repair” work but the trails are actually worse and pretty dangerous. More details here

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12606073&highlight=glasgow

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i ride it occasionally for a wee blast. I was up the other week and they’ve hardcored some of the paths. It only takes about 10mins to do a lap and can get quite boggy. but combine a few laps with some of the other off-piste trails, it will be good for you to see how your back is holding up.

There’s a few small jumps and a couple of logs, but they are optional.

Xan
    Free Member

Cheers tfor this ppl. Think I might give it a miss. The link that Bob attached is slightly concerning.

Doea anyone know of short local trails that I can try?

rj
    Free Member

This track is due to have alot of money spent on it. It is going to be used in the Comonwealth games so I think you will see a bluck run appearing very soon.

I thought Cathkin Braes was being used for the Commonwealth Games, not Pollock Park.

If those b*s*a*ds have been lying to me again….

BoardinBob

Doea anyone know of short local trails that I can try?

Mugdock

allyharp

Mugdock

Indeed. Plenty round this way.

And it’s even featured in the current What Mountain Bike if you fancy a guide.

Xan
    Free Member

Going to mugdock on Sunday as long as we can get mountain chubs bike sorted. Cheers for the advise ppl.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Xan commonwealth games course is at cathkin braes not pollock park.

I used to ride in pollock park once a week when I lived in Glasgow and well before the new trails were built. The trails look okay for a wee pootle but there’s lots of other nice singletrack in the park too.

Xan
    Free Member

Yeah realise that now. Mis read something on the GCC website.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pollock Park’ is closed to new replies.