Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • poll: your votes for the best shop bought home cooked pizza
  • Klunk
    Free Member

my vote goes for Morrisons pepperoni (with added onion and red pepper), 12 mins 180 deg with mixed tomato salad absolutely gorgeous.

LoCo
    Free Member

Waitrose ones

Lifer
    Free Member

Chicago Town Takeaway stuff crust pepperoni:

]

Obscene.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Asda chosen by you buffalo mozzerala and cherry tomato.

MrPottatoHead

Goodfella’s stonebaked thin pepperoni every time.

unklehomered
    Free Member

It can only be… dr oetker pizza.

julianwilson
    Free Member

the “fresh” ones our local sainsburys have started doing in one of the deli-counters (next to the ready-roast chickens in ours) are rather good for the money. £3.50ish for a mahoosive one, thick or thin crust. IIRC they will make your own one up if its quiet and you ask nicely.

enfht
    Free Member

Speaking as an expert even Tescos basic pepperoni thin crust cooked just right with a good dose of cracked pepper is hard to top.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

From opposite ends of the spectrum, my favourites are the Tesco Finest Ham, Mushroom & Mascarpone, which are probably better than going to Pizza Express, and also those little Chicago Town deep dish ones that aren’t really like pizzas at all, they come in packs of two and you microwave them on a funny fold-out cardboard tray.

Bunnyhop

M&S is o.k.
    My favourite used to be the plain Boboli bases, that you could bake with your own toppings. If anyone knows where I could get them please shout up?

wallop

are the Tesco Finest Ham, Mushroom & Mascarpone

Awesome pizza – the only nice food they sell.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pizza Express, or co-op when on a budget

stevie750

Asda fresh vegtable supreme, loads of toppings

and on the cheaper front

The alfredo frozen ones from Lidl are pretty good when you are skint.

stevie750

Asda fresh vegtable supreme, loads of toppings

and on the cheaper front

The alfredo frozen ones from Lidl are pretty good when you are skint.

chakaping
    Free Member

M&S ham, mascarpone & mushroom – with a bit of truffle oil drizzled over it at home

closely followed by M&S grilled veg & pesto

Klunk
    Free Member

oi stevie one vote per person please 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

I like Pizza Express or Ristorante. Used to like morrisons ones until I got the shits (really bad shits as well) after eating one!

donsimon
    Free Member

If you’re going to eat crap, do it properly. 😛

Lifer
    Free Member

They are awesome DS.

Always a challenge to eat one while the other is cooking though.

donsimon
    Free Member

Always a challenge to eat one box while the other is cooking though.

Get yourself a bigger microwave. 😛

grievoustim
    Free Member

Yep that tesco finest one is lush.

andytherocketeer

What makes that Dr Oetker one special edition? They’re in every supermarket, big and small, here.

Prefer tuna personally.

emsz
    Free Member

I’m not eating anything made by a Dr. specially one with a weird name.

butcher

Pepperoni Flatbread (Can’t remember if it’s Goodfella’s or Ristorante). That’s the best frozen pizza I’ve found so far and the only one I buy that is not on offer.

8 to 10 mins in the top shelf of the oven on Full gas, but don’t overdo it – a minute over and it’ll be ruined.

rondo101
    Free Member

Another vote for the tesco finest Ham, mush & mascarpone.

satchm00
    Free Member

Waitrose: spicy cajun chicken

djglover
    Free Member

For proper crap but tastes sooo good, Order a Dominoes.!

athgray
    Free Member

Cosmo haggis pizza from Tesco. I had one tonight. It was great.

yunki
    Free Member

doctor oetker surely…?

jimbo1983
    Free Member

tried 90% of the above and for some reason this does it for me:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/tesco-price-comparison/fresh_pizza_and_chilled_bread/tesco_italian_meat_feast_pizza_340g.html

I’m a big pizza fan!

duntmatter
    Free Member

Co-op coz it’s near my house.

neninja
    Free Member

It’s a bit STW but I make my own now.

The dough is so easy to make and having invested in a pizza stone they cook really well. One of the kids favourite meals at our house. Dough balls as a starter for them too.

For convenience the Chicago Town Takeaway sauce stuffed crust ones are pretty good.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dough made from Pter Reinharts recipie (Bread Bakers Apprentice) Make night before or from freezer.
    Sauce Tinned toms, garlic onion herbs salt/pepper cooked for an hour
    Topping light and sparing

Cooks in 5 mins in oven or 3-4 in a wood fired oven.

No competition

cheburashka
    Free Member

Waitrose own.

[/thread]

No seriously, have tried most of the above and all pale in comparison to WR pizzas, even the margherita.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Waitrose chestnut mushroom, bacon and mascarpone pizza is the current household pizza night favourite

Tried M&S spicy chicken this week and it was nice enough but had way too much crust around the edges (crust/topping ratio fail)

chakaping
    Free Member

Is Doctor Oetker the one that tastes like the base is made out of biscuit?

cozz
    Free Member

CO-OP special morrocan lamb, comes with yogurt mint sauce, like a pizza and a kebab in one !!!!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

grum
    Free Member

I was reading this whole thread thinking WTF has happened to STW, is no-one going to smugly say they make their own? But thankfully neninja and mikewsmith rescued it. 🙂

They’re right though. Pizza Express are quite nice but I only ever buy them on offer and they’re still not as good as homemade.

donsimon
    Free Member

I was reading this whole thread thinking WTF has happened to STW, is no-one going to smugly say they make their own? But thankfully neninja and mikewsmith rescued it.

Which fits snugly into another STW rule that states that one is to completely ignore the thread title and simply post what you think the OP should know in complete knowledge that you are educating them. 😛

steve-g
    Free Member

Dr Oetker do another one called “Casa di mama” that rises when you cook it, they win my frozen vote.

Asda from the counter shop made ones are the best in that category (the trick is to go to the counter and tell them what you want on there even if it is exactly the same as one thats already been made, the pressure of having you watching them do it means you get triple the amount of toppings)

In the pre-made fridge section my vote goes to the recently discovered Co-op special, “more-money-than-sense range”, or whatever its called pastrami and peppers pizza with the side sachet of mustard.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘poll: your votes for the best shop bought home cooked pizza’ is closed to new replies.