Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Poll – "The One FS Bike" – What frame would you go for?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Let’s assume you already own a nice HT to cover XC/Singletrack useage…

What FS frame would you go for to cover Trail/AM/Enduro/DH light, perhaps with a change of fork & shock thrown into the equation as well…

Personally I’m going for a Mojo HD, but curious as to what others thoughts might be.

FIGHT! 😀

Leku
    Free Member

Yeti 5

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The one that I have already.

Orange 5.

bazzer
    Free Member

Orange Patriot (or maybe an alpine now days)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

if someone else was paying- Mojo HD160.

As I’m paying, the Alpine 160 with CCDB I got dirt cheap from the PSA french shop sale thread.

psychle
    Free Member

As I’m paying, the Alpine 160 with CCDB I got dirt cheap from the PSA french shop sale thread.

That was a right bargain that was! Score! 8)

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Mojo HD 160 with a variety of coil and air shock and forks and those limbo chip things.
    Or on a sensible budget a Heckler.

vinnyeh

Prolly just stick with what I already have 😆

That Samurai that was for sale yesterday was really tempting, but I’m a bit too lazy for that sort of thing.

giantjason
    Free Member

i was in the same conundrum last November and ended up ordering one of these. Just finishing off the build over the next couple of days and hope to get out on it at the weekend!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

If I was buying right now it would probably be a Nicoali AM or AC. Ask me tomorrow and it’ll probably be something else.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Mojo is disqualified for being too ugly. S-works Stumpjumper FSR carbon for me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Giantjason, looks like you beat me to it. Is that an AC?

moose2008
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Tallboy

brakes
    Free Member

I couldn’t decide on one… so I’d get a two similar
    SC Nomad and Blur in carbon flavour
    Mojo SL and HD
    Spec Stumpy and Enduro carbon

adstick
    Free Member

Don’t laugh but my only mtb is a 2010 SX Trail. But I guess I ride predominantly at the DH lite ™, freeridey end of your spectrum. I do use it for XC, of sorts, and it’s fine but if I did more of that type of riding I’d probably buy a stumpjumper EVO or an enduro. Read Steve Jones’ review of the enduro in Dirt, he loves it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

It’d have to be the little Kona Dudu I imported from USA last week . . . fastest ever down my local d/h first ride out, cracking little muddy x/c ride today, sheesh it even climbs . . . love it to bits 😛 . . . so why am I still adding stuff to my ebay watchlist and CRC wishlist? 🙄 Somebody slap me!

ton

heckler 29r
    five 29r
    nicolai 29r
    ventana 29r………………. 8)

Jeffus
    Free Member

Nomad…ZTR Flows, RC4 and Vanillas up front

loddrik
    Free Member

Maverick Durance, that’s where the smart money would go, but most people aren’t that smart…

giantjason
    Free Member

mrblobby – yes its an AC

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Cannondale Prophet, obviously.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

On One Inbred.

landy813
    Free Member

Lapierre Spicy 916

It pains me to say it but they make a really good bike….shame about their cars especially Espaces.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

I would still go for the same one I did go for 18 months ago, the Maverick Durance. loddrik is on the money!

si-wilson
    Free Member

Canfield ‘The One’ 🙂

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/93388219@N00/5462323041/][/url]
    2011Onefull by srbwilson, on Flickr

tazzymtb

ellsworth epiphany or evolve
    Maverick ML8
    santacruz tall boy

psychle
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does that Canfield look a bit… weird?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’d have a better colour though…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

On One Inbred SS (New Build) Turner DW 5 Spot that should do me 😆

timmys

Is it just me, or does that Canfield look a bit… weird?

It looks bloody hideous! I’m also wondering how you change gear as well, unless I’m being blind.

I’m looking forward to the day those idiots on Essex Rd actually produce a frame for you so you can spend less time worrying about whether you’ve bought the right one and instead get out actually riding a bike! 🙂

R979
    Free Member

Prolly a Last Herb AM

Bregante

Never ridden one but if it had to be “the one”, I’d take a chance on the Scott Genius LT

kiwijohn

Pivot Mach 5.7.
    The wife is getting me one for my 40th this year. She just doesn’t know it yet.

z1ppy

stick with my Prophet, err or maybe a 5, or maybe a 5 spot or maybe a NP Mega, damn it I dunno

I’d like to try some more bikes 1st then decide.
    Anyone (shop’s) wanna loan me the above to test?

devs
    Free Member

Nomad with Fox 32 forks and an 18″ stem LOLzers! Can’t decide between a 456 summer season and a Nomad with Lyrics and Flows.
    Edit: Just seen the FS in the title so that answers that then!

james
    Free Member

Probably a Hemlock with 120mm and 150mm rockers, one with the stiffer chainstays and at least a pushed shock, maybe a coil to run with a 160mm fork
    Of course I’d ‘need’ a lighter 150mm fork with travel adust as well, probably 2 sets of wheels, one tougher, one lighter and then have 2 tyres setups to suit ..

mboy
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

Maverick Durance, that’s where the smart money would go, but most people aren’t that smart…

Good thing too, if everyone was as smart as you and me, the place would be awash with them! 😉

I would still go for the same one I did go for 18 months ago, the Maverick Durance. loddrik is on the money!

Indeed he is… If I could only keep one bike, let alone one full sus bike, it would be my Durance. It may be the jack of all trades, and master of none, but that suits me and my riding to a T! It’s the perfect ride pretty much everything bike, and never feel like you’re on the wrong bike. Individual bikes are better at specific jobs, but I don’t think there’s another that does so much, so well… Unless it’s possibly the ML8 perhaps!

Love it!!!

PS: If you like Mavericks, check out the following link… http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=247601&page=4, you’ll love it! Mine’s on there a few times, as is my old one (now owned by mtbmaff of this forum), think there’s a couple of others off here who have theirs on there too.

Northwind

psychle – Member

“What FS frame would you go for to cover Trail/AM/Enduro/DH light, perhaps with a change of fork & shock thrown into the equation as well…”

That’s exactly what my Hemlock’s built for… Lyriks, 120mm rocker, a 2 degree Works head angle reducer doobrie, overall tough but sensible build… It’s done an enduro, been dh racing, but also lap after lap of glentress red, and a chunk of the west highland way. I know everyone recommends their own bike, but it’s pretty bloody superb frankly.

I do have a spare set of wheels for the DH stuff- just because I don’t want to bruise my Flows, and I run tubeless so I can’t be bothered to swap tyres all the time.

Kuco

Specialized Stumpjumper Evo. Shame they don’t do a frame only.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Poll – "The One FS Bike" – What frame would you go for?’ is closed to new replies.