Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Poll (sort of): How many of your bikes are currently rideable?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

5 but only 4 to ride.

RDL-82
    Free Member

2 bikes both running, although saying that has probably just signalled the death knoll to the dodgy bb in the ss, too much month left until payday…

edhornby

3 of 3, triggers track bike the commuter is used daily, needs a drivechain clean…
    weekend best bike, did Mcr 100 on it last weekend (but needs bartape) so still rideable, needs tyres back to full pressure
    Voodoo ready to go as well, needs tyre pressure check as do all bikes really

gf's giant is good to go also (too small for me tho)

Kevevs
    Free Member

is this interesting?

james
    Free Member

I don't know anymore, though its spilled over to page 2
    Turns out pretty much everyone else gets round to mending their bikes rather than trying to ignore the ever lengthening list of things to fix

timbercombe
    Free Member

One of those easy reading kinda threads, just vaguely interesting but I still feel the need to contribute:
    1 x 20" Kids bike for riding to the shops/gym and back

1 x Identiti Krisis, waiting on inner tubes and star nut in the post and steerer to be cut down from new rigid forks, it'll then work but be rigid, ss, chainless and brakeless, soon to have chain the right length when I scrape my pennies together to buy a tool.
    Yes I'm a student!

bassspine
    Free Member

4 working
    1 project in bits
    1 frame with broken gear hanger inherited off a mate, may get track ends fitted one year
    1 spare frame

inbred

6 of 8

Orange Subzero – frame still broke after alps (in 2008) I will do something about it eventually
    Orange 5- running fine after recent rear shock rebuild
    On-one single speed running fine after recent new cranks
    On-one 29er running fine after recent new mechs
    On-one scandal – need to get around to fitting new cranks and bottom bracket I have had sitting on the work bench for nearly a year
    giant road bike running fine
    Rock Lobster 853 – new build nearly finished just in time as jnr Inbred is now big enough to go on the back in his seat 🙂

Wifes bike is working as well

stumpy01

This is a bit complicated…

1 frame on shed wall (01 Stumpy fsr) so unrideable…
    Inbred is rideable but forks need service & front brake needs bleeding. It also needs a clean & the down tube helicopter taping.
    2010 is back at lbs for warranty stuff – pics to follow at some point. It's ready to collect, but seeing as it's not here, it's unrideable.

Hmmm, so that's 1/3 until I get to the lbs tomorrow.

yunki
    Free Member

1 of 1

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

All 36 of them.

toys19
    Free Member

8/9

1) mc battery rideable but needs a brake bleed after morzine
    2) heavy bullit rideable.
    3) Lightweight bullit rideable
    4) BFe rideable but rear pads are close to the bone..
    5) Pinarello road bike rideable
    6) Spesh rockhopper circa 1992 rideable but in need of a full clean and service.
    7) BMX rideable
    8. dawes racer – no saddle, fecked brakes
    9) Motobecane racer rideable.

kiwijohn

4/5
    The FS is off to the welder on monday. Someone who knows what they're doing this time.

turboferret

4 out of 6 are good to go 🙂

Trek road bike – ridable
    Langster – ridable
    Sanderson HT – ridable
    Orange Sub 5 – ridable
    Tinbred SS – bars/stem borrowed on the Sanderson
    GT DHi – not fully built yet

A better ratio than sometimes!

Cheers, Rich

singletrackhor
    Free Member

3/4, one in LBS awaiting parts.

Coyote
    Free Member

One working.

One in the build phase and is likely to be for some time yet.

forge197
    Free Member

All bikes rideable

Harry_the_Spider

3/3 for the first time ever.

I was so pleased that I wrote a blog post.

Pottering

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Almost 2 out of 2!
    The road bike is working well, but the ss ht (which I wanted to ride today) is missing a couple of bolts out of the grips so they spin around and fall off 🙁 new ones should arrive today though (even if it will be after I've left for work 😮 ) It is ridable though 😛

atlaz
    Free Member

0/3. Two ruined BBs, one with missing spokes. All being fixed this weekend.

Dibbs
    Free Member

6 out of 7, I took the pedals off the SS road bike to use on a LBS demo bike and haven't refitted them yet.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

6 of my 7, but the 7th only needs the pedals putting back on

trail_rat
    Free Member

10 out of 11 in my shed are fully functional

the 1 that isnt is a frame i just bought and am in the process of building – which will leave number 10 minus a back wheel & forks

nuke

3 out of 3. Very rare occurrence to have all of them working

…but they're in a garage so have probably all be nicked if hora's right. 😉

james
    Free Member

I was going to say inbred, you have quite a few similar bikes there, but toys, 2 SC bullits?

pedalhead
    Free Member

1 out of 3 MTBs running, road bike ok & in turbo trainer

clubber
    Free Member

5 bikes, 2 unrideable – my cross and road bikes because I did a sportive a couple of weeks ago which was crap weather so I used my cross bike with the road bike wheels but need to swap bit back round.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

6 out of 7.

julianwilson
    Free Member

All.
    2 old hardtail frames for t'wife and I in the loft for a rainy day/frame catastrophes, but they really are just bare frames rather than half completed bikes.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

4 out of 6
    Cube FS – Rideable
    Genesis Altitude – Ridable
    Bianchi 1885 Road Bike – Ridable
    Specialized Tarmac – Ridable

Mrs MM's Specialied MTB – In bits awaiting upgrade
    Giant XTC Frame will eventually be a single rigid single speed project. Have most of the bits lying around.

noteeth
    Free Member

1 of 3.

Although if you factor in various other frames, it's 1 of 6. 😳

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

BMX: yep

456: yep

road bike: yep, although need some new shoes as they broke

touring bike/commuter: yep, went for a bit of an adventure on it last night in fact 🙂

single speed roadie: no (awaiting cast offs from road bike to make it work,upgrades already bought)

Sanderson: no, not yet decided on its exact build!

Cruiser: yep (rideable is debatable though!)

Sunn: no

vinnyeh

all of them, however many that is.
    Or is this willy waving over the number of bikes everyone owns? 😆

spacehopper

none at the mo 🙁

Inbred 456 needs gear cables and gears setting up… will sort them out tonight though with some help from iplayered radcliffe and maconie.. 🙂

singlespeed is halfway through getting gears put on it for the first time in about 5 years.. for a trans penine trail epic next week.. and has no fork either as we are trialing a higher front end on my G/F's bike this weekend..

commencal meta 5 has no wheels / rear derailleur cos theyve gone on the singlespeed..!

oh and the RTS frame is sitting on a shelf feeling unloved after being stripped down and built into the 456… 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

One of two, but then, the 5spot has been in bits for the last 2/3months being hand stripped and then serviced and rebuilt in a new and interesting 1×9 and coil spring guise. Just waiting for my shock spring.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I had 4 bikes in various states of utter disrepair plus a Bullit that was/is mint.

I sold all the junk on ebay, it was worthless, but sold for enough to fund a new Carbon 456. So I know have two working bikes, though they're sharing a set of wheels at the moment as I haven'g to round to finishing the ones I'm building for the 456.

Every bloke needs a project bike, so I have a Mongoose Transfer for riding round the streets that is being worked on at the moment. It needs a broken bearing removing from the front wheel, disc brake adaptors, a front mech shifter and new bars.

MarkDatz
    Free Member

muddydwarf
    Free Member

3 out of 4 are currently fit for purpose.

The Mount Vision is currently missing its forks as they are having a little holiday at Locotuning. Wxpect them to come home all refreshed & full of bounce/beans!:)

z1ppy

3/4 working, though one is lent out to my brother, and the 4th is only in pieces as I stole the fork for another bike, bought some new un's now so should put #4 back together.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

5 all working and ready to roll

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Poll (sort of): How many of your bikes are currently rideable?’ is closed to new replies.