Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Poll: is riding a solo or social thing?
  • FOG

Both of course but I am not fond of large groups mainly because the faff potential expands exponentially where more than 4 MTBers are gathered

badllama
    Free Member

Both for me the big rides are nearly always with 1 mate for safety more than anything else but it’s just good fun just a couple of us.

Solo is usually local or stuff I’ve ridden alot before.

chvck
    Free Member

Both leading toward social for me. I typically ride with between 1 to 3 others and prefer it. When I do, rarely, ride the roadie it’s usually solo though.

_tom_
    Free Member

Solo most of the time, I prefer it especially on road. I do tend to push myself on the mtb a bit more if I’m riding with others. I tend not to enjoy it quite as much though as it usually reminds me how slow I am (depending on who I’m riding with) 😆 the problem I have with riding with my mate is that hes slow and unfit and loves to talk so you get half as many runs in/end up sitting at the top for way too long.

weeksy

90% solo but I really enjoy riding with mates

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I like road riding in a group because there’s opportunity to actually talk whilst riding. I find that if I ride MTB with others the only social interaction is when we stop. That doesn’t really answer your question 😆

It’s either

kcal

both. Do solo rides and enjoy it, the feeling of choosing routes and trails on a whim (this works for road rides too, more so even). But when out with a nice bunch of mates, distance may be less, but it’s great too.

matther01
    Free Member

Solo…just to get some peace and quiet away from work, wife and kids.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Solo usually because I’m a miserable intolerant sod and late mates , mates not turning up, badly maintained bikes! breakdowns, etc doesn’t happen when I ride on my own.

That said, group rides in the Alps etc are a splendid affair.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Poll: is riding a solo or social thing?’ is closed to new replies.