Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Political parties on the street?
  • Fat-boy-fat

I don’t know if it is just round here but, when did it become OK for political parties to be out on the high street every weekend pushing their agenda in your face?

I’m right fed up of it. It obviously takes a lot of commitment on their part but I really object to them popping up in gazebos here, there and everywhere.

I always thought that this sort of thing was supposed to be limited to the period just before a vote.

eddie11
    Free Member

It’s kind of the point of them. One of them will control your whole country. It’s best to take an interest.

nickjb
    Free Member

Good for them. That’s what they should be doing. Recent history shows the public need to be better informed even if plenty still won’t listen

Fat-boy-fat

Yeah, but getting in everyone’s face every weekend? I take an interest in politics but I don’t appreciate one particular party going on and on at me and others in the street.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s important to know WHY you’d never vote for any of them.
    Also the illusion of choice is important for democracy to be seen to be viable.

Fat-boy-fat

It’s the one sided trumping that’s annoying me.

Rorschach
    Free Member

America feels your pain.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s where politicians should be, they should do a swap with the homeless.

chewkw
    Free Member

Fat-boy-fat – Member
    I don’t know if it is just round here but, when did it become OK for political parties to be out on the high street every weekend pushing their agenda in your face?

Which party is that?

thomthumb
    Free Member

june 23rd. of course.

Drac

When it happens I’ll let you know.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Can you link to here via FB please? Mark will approve.

slowoldman

Where is this happening? I never see politicians engaging with the public in our streets.

Fat-boy-fat

The SNP set up gazebos all over the place every weekend in Central Scotland. It’s not so much elected politicians that are there. More like party members. They are quite vocal and stop you as you walk past to push their agenda (and I do use that word on purpose).

deadkenny
    Free Member

Saw Tory’s hanging about on a street corner this morning in an odd location for them to be pestering people. In fact given this is Surrey they usually don’t bother at all as it’s guaranteed everyone will vote Tory.

Besides that, why are they out? No elections or am I missing something? Are they convinced we’re getting another referendum!

Fat-boy-fat

That’s my question. Why are they allowed to be bugging folk? There’s no vote of any kind on the horizon.

nickjb
    Free Member

Maybe the reason the for such poor (imo) election choices recently is that people only engage with politics once every 5 years. Politics happens all the time. Ignore it if you like but then don’t moan when we end up in the shit

tjagain

Fat boy fat – all over central Scotland? I have never seen one in Edinburgh

MoreCashThanDash

Politics happens all the time. Ignore it if you like but then don’t moan when we end up in the shit

This plus lots.

Drac

“I don’t know who to vote for as you never hear or see anyone”

“Why are they in my face and bugging me all the time?”

Fat-boy-fat

Hey TJ. Good to see you back on here. C’mon, we all know Edinburgh isn’t really a part of Scotland 😉 Definite sightings of repeated offences in Stirling, Dunblane, Bridge of Allan, Callander, Falkirk, Cumbernauld …

Fair enough, not strictly all of Central Scotland but a fair part.

On the subject of what they’re saying though, it’s not as if the SNP has ever dealt in hard facts and unvarnished truth. It’d be stretching credibility to say that they’re doing this to inform the public about what is actually happening.

Propaganda vs information

Fat-boy-fat

I don’t ignore politics. I’m an avid follower and have voted every time I’ve had the opportunity. For me, it’s a bit like religion. Take it upon yourself to learn what is out there then choose what you believe in. Don’t try and force your views down other people’s throats. As long as you’re not harming anyone, have whatever opinion you want.

chewkw
    Free Member

Fat-boy-fat – Member
    The SNP set up gazebos all over the place every weekend in Central Scotland. It’s not so much elected politicians that are there. More like party members. They are quite vocal and stop you as you walk past to push their agenda (and I do use that word on purpose).

😆 @ SNP members’ enthusiasm. I have to give them that for their efforts … I hope they get paid. No?

I bet they are stirring up the emotion of the people to prepare for a “battle” or perhaps they realise that there are many “traitors” amongst the people in Central Scotland. 😆

Don’t try and force your views down other people’s throats.

Say whaattt !!!??? You better fall in line as the battle cry is on! 😆

Northwind

Fat-boy-fat – Member

It’s the one sided trumping that’s annoying me.

Ah, so you want political parties to be less one-sided when they’re campaigning? Perhaps carrying leaflets for other parties and explaining everyone else’s policies too?

In related news, I see Irn Bru have a load of new billboards- they’re so one-sided and in your face, they should either stop advertising, or give over most of the boards to rival drinks companies for free.

chewkw
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    … I see Irn Bru have a load of new billboards.

I think I have only tried half a bottle (small bottle) of Irn Bru in my life before I tossed it into the bin. I mean who the hell drink that garbage?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Political parties on the street?’ is closed to new replies.