Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Political manefestos from the past
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Over the weekend I was met by some aliens who took me to the future, one of the most entertaing things they showed me was the collapse of the human race, I managed to grab a piece of one of the manifestos that led to all out global war, here’s an excerpt:

If you truly want change.

if you demand a better world for future generations.

if you are sick of exploitative oligarchical governmental model.

if you wish for fair renumeration; based on effort, excellence & fairness, not status, risk & greed.

If you want change, then you need to embrace it. fully.

You must understand that you cannot change the world with a photograph and a snappy slogan shared upon a docile media network.

That you cannot change the world by piercing, tattoos, fashion, self harm, bingeing, fasting or escapist recreation.

That you cannot change the world with apathy, indifference, hate, violence, coercion, terrorism, activism, dietary choice, voting, shopping habits or war.

If you truly want a change, a lasting change, a fresh start, a new beginning.

Then first you must be prepared.

You must be prepared to start again.

If you no longer wish to be part of the system. Then you must be prepared to leave it behind.

This may be difficult for you, but we will help. there needs to be a new world order.

A new world order in which you have a key pivotal role, in shaping the future, in laying the foundations, in changing the world for the better.

We must build for the future not borrow from tomorrow.

We believe if you want a real change, then you have to start at the beginning.

There is no sense in throwing the baby out with the dirty bathwater, And that is not the proposition, we need to dismantle the outdated machine, recycle the excesses of the past and build a new more efficient, resilient, greed and corruption proof model.

Bureaucracy, cronyism & corruption must all be destroyed via the extensive use of transparency, freedom of information and prosecution reinforced with punishment.

We hold practical skills, healthcare, learning, science & creativity as the most important and valuable aspects of society. It is these efforts that we believe deserve the highest rewards.

We believe in building for permanence.

We believe in equal access & choice without socioeconomic priority.

We believe in doing the right thing.

We propose “An initial period of readjustment.” to last a minimum of ten years.

We believe that politicians, bankers & civil servants should receive no more than minimum wage for a period of no less than five years. This is to be known as “a period of commitment”.

That service industry workers should receive no less than four times the minimum wage for a period of no less than five years.

This is to be known as part of a “socially driven economic recovery model”.

If those with less are afforded the means to spend more then debt free spending will increase.

That those responsible and key to the financial collapse are pursued and held accountable.

The funniest thing is that it was working, until… No, actually it would be wrong of me to spoil the surprise….

(c)nutt2013

scaredypants

renumeration

I’m not a number; I’m a free man, and so I’m out

crankboy
    Free Member

The funniest thing is that it was working, until… No, actually……… I can’t see why it would not work ….

scotroutes

Can’t even spell remuneration so I’m out.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that may have been a component in their downfall.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think that kind of thing has been tried before.

The situation we have now is the state towards which human civilisation has tended over the millenia. It’s a natural state for people to end up in.

If you want to create some grand plan, then by definition that plan has to be that of certain people or visionaries. In order to put that plan into operation, you need those people to be in charge of a lot of other people and to enforce sweeping reforms.

Not everyone will agree with the people in charge, so either they backtrack or they start using force.

I think that’s why it leads to global war isn’t it, MrNutt?

PS Here is a component of my downfall:

MrNutt
    Free Member

you’re not far off molgrips, but still a little way to go

molgrips
    Free Member

Not far off what?

So what, this is a re-wording of something from history? Communist Party manifesto at a guess.

MrNutt
    Free Member

no this, this is clearly the most important component in downfalls,

those are just counters and could potentially be replaced by painted five pence pieces glued together.

edit: that said the queen could get a bit angry if you did that, * disclaimer – don’t do it *

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s a natural state for people to end up in.

well they could have said that when we had slavery and apartheid in Suth Africs or when women could not vote or we had serfs but we changed that “natural” to something now “natural”. Its a circular tautology to argue what we have now is “natural” …it is what has been created by giving power to the wealthy and the greedy and making sure the poor get enough crumbs to not overthrow them.
    They then tell us it is inevitable and human nature to further convince us we can do nothing about it. We can if we want to

molgrips
    Free Member

.it is what has been created by giving power to the wealthy and the greedy and making sure the poor get enough crumbs to not overthrow them

Yes, and that’s what I’m saying is natural. Power isn’t ‘given’ to the wealthy and the greedy; they take it.

As long as there are greedy people, there’ll be people taking power and wealth, obviously.

I didn’t say there was nothing we could do about it, by the way.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Political manefestos from the past’ is closed to new replies.