Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • "political correctness gone mad" – first one of the day!
  • DezB
    Free Member

I'd like a big pud with cream on top

toomanybikes
    Free Member

it's been called spotted richard in a cafe near me for the past 15 years, seems crazy but not worth getting all twisted out of shape about. Let the PC Nazis do that……

doh
    Free Member

when i was at high school one of the highlights of the day was asking for an iced cream ring from the bakers at lunchtime.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

If I remember correctly, Innerleithen has a curio/antique shop by the name of "Gloryhole"…

Disgusting.

kennyp
    Free Member

I heard of a hospital where they were told to stop referring to mentally ill patients as "loonys"……….shocking; it's madness gone politically correct I tell you.

🙂

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

There was a cafe in Digbeth, Birmingham called "Big Baps" pretty innocent except it was next door to a sex shop…I sniggered every day for 3 years when I went past it to work 🙂

SSP

Harry_the_Spider

A few years back Leeds Rhinos had a centre pairing of "Golden" and "Rivett".

I wrote to my MP.

IdleJon

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    A few years back Leeds Rhinos had a centre pairing of "Golden" and "Rivett".

I wrote to my MP.

A while back Mark Titley left Swansea RFC and in the summer they signed one of the Boobyer brothers, giving the headline "Tits has gone but we've got Boobs instead"

btw nob-twerp is a fantastic insult BD!

kevonakona
    Free Member

Pet grooming place up the road called "doggy style"

And there used to be a footballer called Quim preditably one day a harsh tackle saw him creamed.

Honestly you couldn't make this stuff up.

project
    Free Member

Quite afew years ago, we supplied 20 "Blackboards" to a charity supported by a large council, a few days after sending in the invice we got a letter, adviseing us not to call them "Blackboards", and that the correct term was chalk boards.

A few weeks latter we where asked to supply some white faced boards for painting on, i phoned up to ask what we should call them as "Whiteboards" was obviously racist against white people.

The answer "Easels"

surfer
    Free Member

I suppose in that particular establishment there has been sustained personal jokes aimed at staff then it might be a good idea. It might not be nice if you spend your time serving people who keep making sexual comments to you based on what you're serving them. In this case it may have been a sensible thing to do, who knows?

Or maybe the person serving the food when faced with such "unfunnyness" could say, look dickhead. Its been done to death. Its not funny so just pick up your food and **** off. Or is that a bit too real world!
    BTW, sorry if it offends!

CountZero

Lol at surfer. That would be my attitude exactly. I'd have a sheet of card covered in tally marks, and make an obvious addition every time someone cracked the joke, saying 'old, older, oldest', and leave it at that. Complaining just makes people think 'narrow minded git'.

jj55

ahem………..

nickc

I think this thread needs some Spotted Dick jokes…

Only in Spain is this appropriate

iDave
    Free Member

One from Mongolia – sells beauty products……

mAx_hEadSet

where do you live
    me
    no really
    yes me

bit like
    where's the next mtb race
    Ae
    I asked where the next MTB race is 🙂

Seriously folk Klaus Armstrong Braun is the newt loving member for the planet on the council. .full on green credentials.. the sort that ensures at public inquiries he turns up with branded Gucci clothing…

Anyway so much for being an a front to his Heritage he was born in German occupied Poland… and gets very offended when his many detractors refer to him as Kraut… there are some heritages we like to forget

Sandwich

I reckon it's a sh*t driving job 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bum. Can't get the link through the swear filter! Ignore this.

jj55

Stoner
    Free Member

Spotted Dick back on council menu

The council now says the pudding will revert to its traditional name.

But it has warned customers who act in a "childish way" to behave themselves or they will be refused food.

No sniggering or the dick gets it!
    😉

Now the council's chief executive, Colin Everett has said: "Although the majority have seen the humorous side of the story, the impression given in the media that the council might have been 'politically correct' has led to some derision and, sadly, to a number of abusive letters being sent in from across the country."

I promise you it wasnt me! 🙂

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/8270460.stm

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah Stoner, it's not the name that's offensive, it's what the British call a **** "dessert" that's offensive.

Because I'm sorry mate, but any nation who's favourite dessert consists of a lump of tallow which is boiled for 2 hours and has a few raisins thrown in so it can be called Spotted Dick, hardly understands the culinary delights of life.

Calf suet ffs

jahwomble
    Free Member

Every time somebody says "political correctness gone mad" I hear it come out as " I am a thwarted bigot with no usable deductive faculties of my own and believe everything I read at face value, without bothering to think or reason any deeper into the issue, and am probably at least a closet conservative anyway" dunno why, just do…..:)

Moses

Fat, flour, sugar, flavourings.
    That's the basis of all desserts, isn't it?
    Spotted Dick is no different in that respect to pastries or gateaux or churros or whatever.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘"political correctness gone mad" – first one of the day!’ is closed to new replies.