Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Polishing a turd?….
  • simon80
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’ve been riding more challenging stuff recently and my fork seems to be struggling a bit.
    It’s a 26″ 2012 Fox 36 TALAS RLC.
    I’m wondering if anyone here has put different internals in their forks, and did it make a difference?
    I’m thinking of FLOAT and 150mm but can I fit any more,modern internals?
    Thanks si

Wally

Difficult to polish, but easy to roll in glitter. (on a more useful note – black box RS revelation forks are IMO ACE and now old hat)

nixie

You need to talk to mojo to find out what is possible and what the costs would be. Also have you had the future serviced recently?

Wally, a set of revs will feel like a noodle after 36s (though agree the black box dampers were nice).

Wally

I now ride SIDS, noodle doodle dandy is my middle name. LoCo is the expert here, IMO. Ask him.

DickBarton

26″ of travel or wheel size? Former will be an issue even for 36s, the latter won’t.
    What travel does it have? Is it adjustable and do you adjust it?

Pridds

Had this last year and the newer better float stuff wouldn’t fit so just got a vanilla conversion done by tf and it’s now ace

Onzadog
    Free Member

Avalanche damper and a float conversion on the air spring side – job done.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My opinions…
    TALAS was never quite right. Pandering after the spring crowd 😉 The Linear Part means it needs a lot more Low Speed compression for set up and good high speed R2C2 is the only damper worth it for TALAS. The Float is a lot better, especially if you never use the travel adjust.

As Onzadog has said a float conversion (replace the Talas part with a simple air spring would by my first move. After that if you want more set up then Avalanche. It gets a bit pricy as your paying in USD and it’s going to be hit for import. Fitting however is easy so long as you can do a lowers service and read/follow instructions.

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I think the FLOAT conversion will,be my first port of call, along with a drop to 150mm. The Five with 160mm is a pig to climb on.
    I am interested in the avalanche damper but I can’t find many reviews. Is it really worth it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Polishing a turd?….’ is closed to new replies.