Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Polished Edited Danny or Raw Unedited Danny
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

which one of them will never get boring?

Polished Danny – The Ridge

Raw Danny – Champery 2011

scotroutes

You forgot a Danny

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

and Dirty Danny – The Tunnel King.

leth
    Free Member

Danny Champery will never get boring.
    Danny in Skye watched it once. Not bothered if I don’t see it again

TooTall
    Free Member

The glammy Danny

http://youtu.be/dGNJPhVxy4Y

nealglover
    Free Member

Danny Champery will never get boring.

This.

(Just watched it again now in fact)

Danny in Skye watched it once. Not bothered if I don’t see it again

I liked it, but won’t watch it again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Skye, sublime video, amazing backdrop and some really ballsy riding

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Will watch them both, bit I will look for DM to watch with a bunch of other films when I have time to burn, I will watch and enjoy DH when it cross up at times like this, DH’s run makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, DM makes my jaw slack in amazement.
    Both good 🙂

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Skye, sublime video, amazing backdrop and some really ballsy riding

…and I was there!

Awesome footage, in the UK!

🙂

Paul

Cheezpleez

Just watched Danny at Champery again. Wow! Both vids are just amazing

kayak23

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you shot the commentators in the Champery video, it would be watchable with the sound on. Otherwise I can’t stand it.

darkslider
    Free Member

If you shot the commentators in the Champery video, it would be watchable with the sound on. Otherwise I can’t stand it.

Oh yes, the Red Bull Rampage commentators were much better. 🙄

eckinspain
    Free Member

I’d never seen Danny Hart’s run in Champery before – amazing!
    If he’s that good why has he not won more by now?

Drac

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkl90MBv39c[/video]

cookeaa

Champery of course…

I think Danny Mac’ has a bit too much polish on him these days, Who Goes rowing with their Redbull lid and Evoc pack on? Worse yet who deliberately soaks their 5:10 like that? it’ll take aaaages to dry them out…

“Un-choreographed” racing against the clock wins every time IMO…

jimjam
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member

Champery of course…

I think Danny Mac’ has a bit too much polish on him these days, Who Goes rowing with their Redbull lid and Evoc pack on?

Riders who are sponsored by Redbull and Evoc? If I could make a decent living from just riding my bike I’d wear them to bed they wanted me to.

As for him being too polished, I think he comes across brilliantly. Seems like a nice guy, pretty humble, good sportsman. Good ambassador for cycling.

tomlevell

I’d never seen Danny Hart’s run in Champery before – amazing!
    If he’s that good why has he not won more by now?

He has won “stuff” just not world cups.
    Injury the year after that and there are about 10 riders at the moment who could win most world cup races given a bit of luck over their rivals.
    And then there is Bryceland who has been unbeatable (he has been beaten though) in the second half of the season.

Crell
    Free Member

Riders who are sponsored by redbull and evoc?

Seeing Red Bull on his helmet peak I couldn’t care about; it’s the contrived shots I can’t stand – needless “foot to floor” action so Five Ten get a look in, or rowing in an Evoc pack.

Riding with all that gear on is fine because that’s his deal, but the Director (no doubt under sponsor obligation) is putting in pointless shots to try to make them part of the story and (IMO) failing. It’s like a skiing vid from 5 years ago.
    Sponsor creds at the start, end and anything “genuine” that falls in to a shot that’s there for impact rather than product placement.
    Whilst the vistas on this one are superb, it’s just too corporate and polished for my tastes.

slowoldman

Note that the weather on Skye is always better than in Champery.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Danny Mac every time. That Skye video is the riding I aspire to, DH tracks are man made and as they’re built to ride it’s a different set of skills that’ll excel on them. Riding like Danny Mac on natural terrain is the ultimate goal for me.

I think I will watch the Ridge video every time I feel like I miss Scotland- it’s about more than the bike, it’s about the islands, the hills, the scenery, the geology, the weather, the sea, the coast, the country. Dan Hart riding a DH bike is all about him riding on a grim day, and I don’t find just the rider that interesting.

northernmatt

How about edited Chris Akrigg?

[video]http://vimeo.com/107826210[/video]

mintimperial

Am I allowed to like them both?

Both films show one of the best exponents of two very different aspects of the sport, neither of whom I will ever have the ability to get anywhere close to emulating, but both of whom make me want to go out and have fun on my bike after watching them.

Drac

Both films show one of the best exponents of two very different aspects of the sport, neither of whom I will ever have the ability to get anywhere close to emulating, but both of whom make me want to go out and have fun on my bike after watching them.

Damn it man don’t ruin it with a sensible approach.

mintimperial

Damn it man don’t ruin it with a sensible approach.

OK then, Danny Hart because of his hilarious attempts at facial hair, bless him. 😉

Drac

Thread saved.

stevied
    Free Member

Both are great and show totally different sides to MTB.

One is finely tuned over 10 days (I believe) with everything being done over and over to get it right. It takes awesome talent to do what Danny Mac can do.

The other is a ‘balls out’ 3 minute blast that shows what you can do on a bike with skill and no fear in a once only shot.

For me, Danny H wins because the unrehearsed (OK they get practice runs etc) is always more exciting because what you get to see is a one time chance..

bensales
    Free Member

Crell – Member
    Riders who are sponsored by redbull and evoc?
    Seeing Red Bull on his helmet peak I couldn’t care about; it’s the contrived shots I can’t stand – needless “foot to floor” action so Five Ten get a look in, or rowing in an Evoc pack.

The whole film, and others like it are simply really fancy adverts. In this case, for Redbull, EVOC, Five Ten, Isle Of Skye, Scottish Tourism, and crucially, Cut Media. If you have a look at their showreel, this kind of thing is a very small part of what they do, but will be vitally important in winning them much bigger TV work.

I love the video, and others like it, but as the saying goes “nothing’s free”.

brakes
    Free Member

if any non-cyclists send me the Danny Mac videos (which I think are awesome apart from the soft-play area one) I send them the Danny Hart Champery one and imply that that’s the kind of MTBing I do…. 😳

jimjam
    Free Member

I had to watch the Danny Macaskill video again just to check out these offensively contrived product placement shots which I hadn’t noticed the first time aaand second time around I still didn’t find them crass, gratuitous or offensive. There’s maybe 3 seconds out of 8 minutes that were a bit superfluous.

If he had started talking about how great his Santa Cruz Bike was or how awesome his poc knee pads protected his knees then yeah, that would be annoying but he didn’t.

bensales

I love the video, and others like it, but as the saying goes “nothing’s free”.

And yet, it was free to us. High quality, entertainment. Some people seem offended by the idea that the people who paid to make it might have their product featured. Yes it’s an advert, but it’s one most of us seem to have found entertaining. Watching it didn’t strip us of our indie cred. We’re not forced to go out and buy a £7000 bike, £100 shoes and a £200 helmet, or visit Skye, though I do want to do that anyway.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Polished Edited Danny or Raw Unedited Danny’ is closed to new replies.