Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Polish Map of Scotland
  • gwaelod
    Free Member

heading back to Edinburgh today after being at Glentress I spotted a sign for this on the left of the road just in Eddieston Village. I saw a telly prog which mentioned it a few years back..maybe it was Ray Mears, but I had no idea it was by Glentress.

I stopped and dragged the family up to see it…even they agreed it was mega despite their initail “wtf is he on about now” scepticism

It’s still not restored properly, but well worth a 10min stop if you are passing. It’s in the grounds of the Mercure Barony hotel just off the road…just rock up to the main car park, and follow the footpath to the left of the main building over the rickety wooden bridge over the ravine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Polish_Map_of_Scotland

It’s a must if you are a geography nerd

oh aye…and its free!!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bloody hell, I’ve stayed at that hotel, wish I’d known about that.

I’ll defo pay it a visit next time I’m up there.

bedmaker

That is way cool. Will need to try and remember that if I’m ever down that way.

athgray
    Free Member

It is well done. In need of some TLC though. Even shows Ben Nevis as the highest point.

unknown
    Free Member

I’ve driven that road countless times and I’ve stayed at that hotel – but had no idea this existed!

gwaelod
    Free Member

it’ll be great if they get the pond filled and the rivers flowing.

NZCol

Weird, I went and looked at it last Friday as saw the sign and was intrigued. It’s epic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Polish Map of Scotland’ is closed to new replies.