Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Policy renewal – simples!
  • cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

Just got off the phone with the AA (the motoring organisation, not the other one)…

I received my renewal quote the other day in which they thanked me for 13 years valued membership and quoted me £238.40 to renew. I called them up to point out that the same level of cover is being offered on their website to new customers for £140 and therefore did not at all feel that my 13 years of loyalty was in anyway valued. There was a long pause and then confirmation that my annual renewal will now be £140… chancers. £100 saved! Result.

Any other renewal-saving stories?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Definitely worth the call, but surely your 13 years still isnt being recognised as you are paying what a person with 0 years loyalty is paying…

petrieboy

Just got my cashback through from topcashback for this years AA membership (£100) as I do every year. They are the very worst highwaymen for robbing you on DD every year if you let them.

jota180
    Free Member

Anyone who’s a bit savvy does that anyway, I always play them off against the lowest I can find, I’ll take a £20 hit to stay with who I’m with but no more

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

I am reliably informed that they (new customers) are receiving a substantial initial discount and will therefore be paying more next year and that I have been upgraded to their “Gold Membership” status. All a bunch of toss but was happy with the new quote and saves me ages on the phone switching membership to another company. I’ll do the same next year and if not satisfied, switch.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I almost linked to a story on the front page then thought better of it 😈

althepal

Had my house insurance renewal through from them.. Had been paying £380 for buildings, contents and some specified items.. went up by nearly £200- exactly the same cover and zero claims..
    Called up to check and they knocked about £80 off it but still much more than others I looked at.
    Ended up paying a couple of quid more every month with better cover with M+S..
    No point sticking with the same company every year these days..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Policy renewal – simples!’ is closed to new replies.