Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Police Tasar a Blind dude?
  • igrf
    Free Member

Did I hear that right on the car radio news lunchtime?

Police, somewhere up North have Tasared this blind dude because they’d had reports someone was running round with a samurai sword?

How close do you have to get to Tasar anybody?

Close enough to spot a white stick I would have thought.

If correct whoever the law was should get drummed out, done for gbh, abh, attempted murder, have the book thrown at him.

Then they should take Tasars off Plod, whoever thought giving nowadays Plod weapons should be used for trial purposes.

You couldn’t make it up.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oh the irony!

wwaswas

Plod weapons should be used for trial purposes.

only use them in court?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    igrf
    Free Member

Yep should have read tryout purposes.

davidjones15
    Free Member

You couldn’t make it up.

Unless you can corroborate it I don’t believe it.

flange
    Free Member

So the bloke had a sword or not then? If he did, regardless of whether he’s missing a leg, he’s blind or he votes Tory I’d rather he was prevented from running round threatening folk with it…

igrf
    Free Member

davidjones15 – Member
    You couldn’t make it up.

Unless you can corroborate it I don’t believe it.

That’s what I’m doing asking here, I’ve been out and about today, just caught that news gem in between two punctures, a massive M/Way jam and leaving my laptop in the puncture repair dudes thereby having to return to the M/Way jam, it’s been one of those days..

wwaswas

So the bloke had a sword or not

cunningly disguised as a white stick with a rubber end on it.

these blind people are tricky coves.

easygirl

it was in chorley, my mate is on armed response there, just been chating to him.
    unbelievable really
    i always back up my collegues, but im sruggling on this one 🙂

BUT, we were no tthere , so dont hang the oficer just yet

davidjones15
    Free Member

That’s what I’m doing asking here,

I know, I hate it when you half hear something that sounds unbelievable and then it’s difficult to find any info to confirm it.

igrf
    Free Member

djglover – Member
    Can we have a 4th thread on this

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/oh-the-irony-2

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/samurai-sword-taser-balls-up

Ok sorry, i did look didn’t think to search on irony, nothing came up on tasar either..

davidjones15
    Free Member

😆

easygirl

hang on, hang on just a minute

A man carrying a samurai sword was later arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly.

Thats ok then , was an honest mistake 8) 🙁

wwaswas

nothing came up on tasar

I think there’s not many posts about the pre-revolution Russian monarchy 😉

transapp
    Free Member

In fairness grumph, you were the one who wanted a sword walking cane. Maybe plod found out and is doing a systematic cull of all old people with canes of any description!

Northwind

To be fair, I’d want to be armed if I was going up against a blind man- they’ve got sticks and they’re quite handy with them.

igrf
    Free Member

Yep not doing well in the spelling stakes lately either, clunker = klunker, tasar = taser, I shall have to take myself in hand later. 😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Plod weapons should be used for trial purposes.

clever – try out their new toys on blind people so they can’t be positively identified.

igrf
    Free Member

transapp – Member
    In fairness grumph, you were the one who wanted a sword walking cane. Maybe plod found out and is doing a systematic cull of all old people with canes of any description!

Where the hell did you read that?

True as it may be, I can’t recall confessing to it, missed one down in Rye at an antique place not long ago.

Have to be careful now, better not paint it white and travel up North.

But seriously that Plod, he should be taken outside and executed by having black pudding chucked at him in front of his entire family and their shoe box burned t’t ground.

wrecker
    Free Member

MSP

so dont hang the oficer just yet

I shudder to think at the accidental carnage that could ensue if there was a hanging as well.

KennySenior
    Free Member

I bloke dangling from a rope tied to his ankle probably

wwaswas

I bloke dangling from a rope tied to his ankle probably

they’d pick someone with a wooden leg, no doubt.

landcruiser
    Free Member

We have launched an urgent investigation to understand what lessons can be learned”

Ch Supt Stuart Williams

Lancashire Police

🙄

avdave2

Remind me of the educational qualifications required to join the police.

wrecker
    Free Member

We have launched an urgent investigation to understand what lessons can be learned”

Hows about; don’t knock around tazing people unless really necessary?

easygirl

avdave
    no qualifications necessarryy just a nasty temmper and a short fuze

pingu66
    Free Member

We have launched an urgent investigation to understand what lessons can be learned

Ch Supt Stuart Williams Lancashire Police. Lessons um, eye tests. Was the officer blind? Imagine him as a bloody witness,

“I saw”

“but only last month did you not taser a blind man with a stick you mistook for a sword?”

“Um ok yes that would be me, an error of judgement”

“So there was judgement but you failed to see the man was impaired and it was a white stick, ie tapping the ground rather than waving it in the air”

“OK fair cop I didn’t see anything”

I would love to be able to support the police but christ you do not do yourselves any favours.

easygirl

they should get that copper and tazer him, then he can know what it feels like, thn sack him

wwaswas

We can’t really blame a bunch of plebs too much, can we 😉

mrchrispy

I bet he didn’t see that coming.

sobriety
    Free Member

I reckon we should break into every blind person in the countrys’ house and switch their white sticks for various medieval offensive weapons, that’d show ’em

igrf
    Free Member

Just checked the guy out on the evening news, the white ‘stick’ you’d have to be a total moron, nay partially sighted moron to confuse that little thing stick he was filmed using, hunched as he is, to consider a)It was being used in a threatening manner and b)It even remotely resembled a Katana (Samurai Sword).

If they don’t sack this fella, then Plod is going to continue to rank right up there with bankers, lawyers and political scum in the hearts and minds of those they would police.

Edric64
    Free Member

Remind me of the educational qualifications required to join the police.

None ?

druidh
    Free Member

And as has already been pointed out, it could be worse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Harry_Stanley

pitduck
    Free Member

(no qualifications necessarryy just a nasty temmper and a short fuze )oo look nearly a joke 😐

transapp
    Free Member

Where the hell did you read that?

Boards forum, circa 2005. Think it was mid way through an argument over tushingham, starboard and über pimp Basher. Anyway, you’ve stalked me across sailing forums and riding forums ever since 😉

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Police Tasar a Blind dude?’ is closed to new replies.