Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Police officers' conversation
  • Parvis
    Free Member

The other day I overheard 3 police officers, 2 in uniform, in a public place going on about how they wish they had been drafted in to the student fees protests so they could “smash some posh student **** in the face”, or words to that effect (I’ve removed a few of the 4 letter words).

Nice to know, you would have thought they’d keep that to themselves.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

They’re just human like the rest of us…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They weren’t really Plod. They would have mentioned overtime first.

wwaswas

You should have heard them during the miners strike…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

so they could “smash some posh student **** in the face”

These days, I reckon most coppers were previously “posh students”.

The days of the semi-educated Inspector Lestrade of The Yard are well gone.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BTW, RE : “Nice to know, you would have thought they’d keep that to themselves”

What was the circumstances – was there a protest or something going on ?

I’ve known coppers at demos/pickets to talk very loud amongst themselves so that it could be heard, with the intention of winding people up. Stuff like how much overtime they’ve made….. in front of people who have been on strike and struggling to make ends meet.

Kevevs
    Free Member

sounds like a bunch of our managers at work on their break when it was on telly in the canteen.

Parvis
    Free Member

They were just standing around, nothing was going on. I’m not really suprised at the sentiment, more that fact that they seemed so at ease talking about it in public.

DezB
    Free Member

You know what – some people think it’s clever to criticise coppers. Put yourself in their place – the cuts have effected them worse than a lot of people. Their overtime’s been cut, wages frozen, their numbers have been reduced, yet they are expected to calmly accept some “student ****ts” throwing shit at them during these protests. In those circumstances, I’d smash a few heads too.

markrh
    Free Member

So Dezb if one of those students was a relation of yours, say your son, if the policeman stove his head you’d be happy with that…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Their overtime’s been cut, wages frozen, their numbers have been reduced, yet they are expected to calmly accept some “student ****ts” throwing shit at them during these protests. In those circumstances, I’d smash a few heads too.

Absolutely. I would only throw shit at coppers who were working overtime with plenty of their mates just after they had received a pay rise. I wouldn’t dream of throwing shit at coppers who overtime’s been cut, wages frozen, and their numbers have been reduced.

That’s the problem with students today …… they just don’t think about those sort of things anymore.

…..before they go chimping

Parvis
    Free Member

I don’t expect the police to stand there and take abuse without doing anyhing about it and using force if necessary, but I would hope they don’t turn up with the express intention of smashing people’s faces in.

cranberry
    Free Member

People on strike have decided not to get paid, unless they are only striking because of the fear that they will be persecuted and subject to violent intimidation by union members of course.

DezB
    Free Member

Who’s head got stoved in?

You’re just way too clever for me ernie_lynch. I don’t know why I bother.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

People on strike have decided not to get paid

That has to be the most irrelevant comment I’ve heard in a long time. I’m sure you knew what you meant though.

donsimon
    Free Member

Has anyone been to a real protest, with real protestors and real policemen and women launching unprovoked attacks, storming throught the crowds on horseback basically having a pop at anyone without just cause?

toys19
    Free Member

Yes don simon, I have and it was exactly as you described .

uplink
    Free Member

Has anyone been to a real protest, with real protestors and real policemen and women launching unprovoked attacks, storming throught the crowds on horseback basically having a pop at anyone without just cause?

I was at a couple picket lines during the miner’s strike where the police just charged in hitting anything & anybody

You should have heard them during the miners strike…

We were the other side of a chain link fence at one pit where a couple of cops were trying to wind us up about how much money they were making, one of the other guys turned the tables a bit when he started describing what he had done with a cops wife while he was on nights, it wasn’t true but it certainly hit a nerve with one of them 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…..storming through the crowds on horseback basically having a pop at anyone without just cause?

I’ve seen worse than that.

DezB
    Free Member

How could we doubt it

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I agree DezB ……’twas pretty pointless don simon asking the question. Comments like yours were inevitable.

markrh
    Free Member

Get your Daily Mail here! 😉

kimbers

he started describing what he had done with a cops wife while he was on nights, it wasn’t true but it certainly hit a nerve with one of them

having a close mate whos a copper that would wind him up because they all seem to be shagging one anothers missus, – have had to help pick up the pieces after it all blew up- maybe its the power thing, maybe its the night shifts, maybe its the handcuffs and uniform but ive never seen a more wretched hive of shagging and adultery than the policeforce my mate works for

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ah coppers the only public servants the right wing appreciate and think can do no wrong

I really dont understand how you villify one side and just staucnchly support another it is either right or wrong. Who is doing the violence is surely academic?

Yes DS every protest is like this but you forget the minority of folk protesting who are just there for a riot.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Having just finished Jury Service, what should have been a cut and dried (guilty) case, was almost undone by the officers concerned complete ineptituted.
    So yes they are human, and sometimes they are idiots.

Cougar

Human or not, it’s unprofessional if they’re in uniform. Out of uniform they can do what they damn well please for all I care, but wearing the colours they should be “in character” at all times (or you get threads like this). Same with any professional uniform.

Should’ve noted their numbers and reported them.

Cougar

Hold on,

I overheard 3 police officers, 2 in uniform

How do you know the third one was a police officer if (s)he wasn’t in uniform?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Should’ve noted their numbers and reported them

ffs

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve seen worse than that.

I’ve got a TV too. 😉

billysugger
    Free Member

I’ve yet to meet one that doesn’t have the same little man, football hooligan, lionheart when your mates are behind you, type. There must be some, just not in my experiences with the po po and that’s all I can go by.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve got a TV too

What I’ve seen wouldn’t be shown on TV.

Parvis
    Free Member

Should’ve noted their numbers and reported them.

I don’t think it’s worthy of that

How do you know the third one was a police officer if (s)he wasn’t in uniform?

It was pretty obvious from their conversation

donsimon
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I’ve got a TV too

What I’ve seen wouldn’t be shown on TV.

Of course not.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Of course not.

You’ve seen British coppers on TV carry out a sustained unprovoked attack ? When ? Where ? I certainly never have.

Or is your sarcasm because you think it never happens/has never happened ? ! 😀

btw don simon, why did you ask the question ? You’re obviously not interested in answers which don’t match your own preconceived opinions.

Cougar

ffs

Sorry? You reckon that if the police had overheard me threatening to smash in the face of a student, they’d have gone “well done, son?” Are you seriously trying to tell me that’s acceptable behaviour from a uniformed police officer?

If it’s nothing to be concerned about, reporting it will do no harm because that’s the decision that their superior officers will come to also.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m seriously telling you that it’s not worth reporting. Just a bit of silly bravado between two coppers. I don’t think that racism is acceptable behaviour, but I wouldn’t report a copper making a racist comment to his mate. It’s certainly not worth trying to get someone the sack over. ffs

Nonsense
    Free Member

Any of you actually have any idea what police officers do on a daily basis and the kinds of incidents they have to deal with? You know, things like suicides, rapes, road traffic accidents, stabbings, shootings, child abuse, domestic violence. Any idea that the detection rates for serious crime in the UK are pretty much the highest in the world (bar some of the Scandinavian countries, which to be honest, are much nicer and more liberal than here). I’m a police officer. I’m not thick, I have a good degree from a good university. I’ve never hurt anyone unless I absolutely had to in order to defend myself or someone else. I’m not racist, or sexist, or a fascist. I joined the police to help people and I’ve helped hundreds of them. I’ve had my jaw broken. I was on duty during the 7/7 bombings. I’ve been threatened with knives, guns and dirty needles. I’ve been spat on, kicked, punched and had people try and bite me for doing my job. I’ve comforted people after telling them their loved ones have died. Then I come on here to read about mountain biking, but end up reading about what an utter C*&t I am instead. Oh and what tyre do I need to ride my gnarcore lite retro hardtail on gravel driveways and crazy paving.

I’m all for informed and balanced debate, but it’s totally lacking from most people here. It’s much easier to find negative things to say about anyone or any organisation if it’s all you are looking for. Imagine if we all started slagging off IT consultants. This place would either turn in to the Marie Celeste or need a UN no-fly zone.

And no I wasn’t one of the coppers mentioned by the OP.

coffeeking
    Free Member

ffs

And that sentiment is probably why they consider it acceptable.

ffs 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Imagine if we all started slagging off IT consultants.

You start…….I’ll back you up.

btw, would you report a colleague if you had overheard what the OP did ? just out of interest like. And please don’t say that no copper would say such a thing ! 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

The other day I overheard 3 police officers, 2 in uniform, in a public place going on about how they wish they had been drafted in to the student fees protests so they could “smash some posh student **** in the face”, or words to that effect (I’ve removed a few of the 4 letter words).

I met a policeman at a few months back at an xc race, who said he was going to be a bit slower today than normal because he was nursing a few bruises from the rioting students the day before. He found it a bit of a tricky situation to be in as he agreed 100% with why the students were protesting.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Police officers' conversation’ is closed to new replies.