Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Police in please report bike theft shocker
  • transapp
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-20248535

and yet they don’t (from all my STW evidence gathering) want to do a damn thing about it….

Tea anyone?

wwaswas

There’s people on here who have had money stolen off them who won’t report it.

There’s no chance of strangers doing soemthing really, is there?

nickjb
    Free Member

Funnily enough, in the earlier thread about this (http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bristol-bike-theft-on-bbc-news-now), even lots of people on here, who would normally be straight out with the bombers, say they wouldn’t call 999. First step in getting the police to do something is to report it so this is a step in the right direction.

In the second thread (http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bbc-report-bristol-bike-theft) there was an amusing response regarding observation and irony 🙂

easygirl

The police won’t do anything about bike theft, so I won’t report it!

How do you know if you don’t report it?

Do you believe everything you read?

joao3v16
    Free Member

The problem with bike theft is that it’s flipping difficult to find a bike.

I had my bike stolen overnight, and reported it as soon as I found out.

But it’s too easy to move/hide/break-up a bike, so unless the police are going to search every property/shed/outhouse/garage/van within a 10 mile radius of my house, they’re realistically never going to find it other than by accident/stroke-of-luck.

winston
    Free Member

Had my bike stolen and reported it
    plod found it and refused to prosecute the known thief guy who stole it because ‘he bought it off a a mate’

Had my bike stolen again a few years later when my girlfriend forgot to lock it outside the gym
    Didn’t report it as was up to my neck in other stuff
    I then found it locked up outside a takeaway with some rubbish lock. Started to break lock so mad thai chef comes storming out and says its his bike. respectfully suggested it wasn’t as it had a custom paint job and had been built up by me and called the plod. they turned up and asked me to prove it was mine
    went home and got full photo montage of the build plus a few choice shots of the bike and me riding to morocco (days before digital so got album)
    plod decided it wasn’t enough proof and let the scumbag keep it

I now have a folder that comes with me everywhere and stealth bikes for real riding that look cheap

my respect for the police also took a knock which to be honest it has never really recovered from.

crankboy
    Free Member

winston it is not the polices job to resolve a civil dispute about ownershipm of property nor to decide that the chief can keep it. It was and is your bike photograph it to show it is in the blokes possession then sue in small claims court , or just carry on taking it back without assaulting amyone or damaging anything.

DezB
    Free Member

say they wouldn’t call 999

I certainly didn’t say that

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Police in please report bike theft shocker’ is closed to new replies.