Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Police. How do I report a drug driving abuser at a Channel port.
  • iolo
    Free Member

Can you go over and see her? Even for a couple of days? This would help her a lot I’m sure.
    My sister came to Vienna to calm me down following a Bipolar “incident” where I disappeared for 2 weeks. I ended up on the Croatia/Slovenia border without much memory of what the hell I was doing there. I had mainly been living on a diet of Diazepam and Vodka during that fortnight.
    She was the only one I would listen too and when she gave me a bollocking I listened.

robdob
    Free Member

My niece is in the care of my aunt and uncle in nearby.

That’s the best news so far. At least she is safe.

leffeboy

Can you go over and see her? Even for a couple of days?

he’s just been. It’s a tough situation with no easy wins and lots of pain.

Strength MC

iolo
    Free Member

Appologies.

easygirl

What you need to remember when reporting this to the police is that they are not really concerned about your sister whilst she is in France, and you are not sure when she is coming over etc.
    That seems very insensitive, but in the current climate that have very limited resources and are dealing with incidents that are happening now.
    Please don’t take this the wrong way , I feel for your situation and your sister.
    I would personally try to get her sectioned in France, and get her some help and treatment over there, if she gets arrested over here and is a French resident she is unlikely to get very much help from the police.
    If she is a British citizen and has an address over here she could be referred to social services and again sectioned if she was poorly enough.
    The key , I think is medical help whilst she is in France, if she does get to England, try and get in the car with her, and if she is not fit to drive, stay with her and call the police at the time, they will then act
    Good luck, I’m not being callous, just trying to save yiu a lot of phone calls and dissapointment with the police

mcmoonter
    Free Member

A quick update.

My sister went by my aunt and uncle’s place en route for Calais. Her car was packed with a mattress and duvet. No passport though.

She was taken to a GP this morning, then referred to hospital for a consultation. In the three hours between the two she ranted with a moat.

She went voluntarily to the hospital but was told that if she runs away as she did last time she will be sectioned.

My niece is safe with my aunt and uncle and will be returning to school under their care.

We are all breathing a huge sigh of relief.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We are all breathing a huge sigh of relief

Having read this ^^ I was able to laugh at the Monty Pyhton-esque scene below

she ranted with a moat

Stay strong.

easygirl

That’s a great outcome, better than the police getting involved
    Good luck

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Having read this ^^ I was able to laugh at the Monty Pyhton-esque scene below
    she ranted with a moat

On Monday evening she accused us of making the planet Mercury vanish.

While I was in France, my niece had locked the house doors and had hidden the keys to keep her mother inside. A locked door was no impediment. At sunrise she climbed out of a window and drove three miles to a friends house. She let herself in, and stole all their pots and pans, crockery and cutlery. She returned home climbed back in through the window and proceeded try to wash the patterns of their plates.

The doctor we saw said she wasn’t a threat to herself or anyone else in that condition. 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

she ranted with a moat

I was desperately trying to work out how to take that without being literal. Just what auto-correct alternatives could it have been?

But no. It was literal.

Progress of sorts then. Your niece sounds a smart one.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Progress of sorts then. Your niece sounds a smart one.

It’s a start. It breaks the toxic cycle. In all honesty I think my sister is facing a long time in hospital. We are going to get back out to France and see my niece through her summer term and then bring her back to Scotland for the summer holidays.

My niece has suffered more than any child should in the care of someone emotionally I’ll equipped to deal with parenthood on her own. There is no doubt she has been damaged but she’s very loyal and tenacious. Nothing in her life has been conventional and in a perverse way that has been the making of her. If she could put into words her upbringing, she’d have a best seller.

I’ve no kids of my own, so she’s pretty special to me.

She’s the babe in arms on the right here

She’s always loved a charity shop frock.

Poisson d’Avril

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good to hears things have taken a positive direction Pete.

matt_outandabout

I have been following this, not able to offer any advice.

Pleased that things are now moving in a positive direction.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Glad it worked out. Sorry my lot were no help 🙁

leffeboy

my niece had locked the house doors and had hidden the keys to keep her mother inside

unimaginable

So glad that it’s heading in the right direction again

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Glad it worked out. Sorry my lot were no help

Joe, the issue was to do with procedure and jurisdiction. While my sister was in France they could clearly do nothing, but the same distinction stood were she to cross the Channel to reach England. It was not until she crossed the England / Scotland border would they disseminate any information or act upon it.

It’s wasn’t for the want of pleading the case, you can rest assured.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m not sure putting pictures of your neice in this thread is a good idea. Glad things seem to be improving though. Good luck.

kilo

It was not until she crossed the England / Scotland border would they disseminate any information or act upon it.

Slightly o/t but if I am reading this correctly Police Scotland said they could not disseminate intel to forces elsewhere in the UK? Should this happen again that is lazy rubbish they are spouting, and it boils my p*** somewhat. They have a duty of care if they receive intelligence that someone is a danger to themselves or other road users to disseminate that intel, even if it is to a force in England. They have to weigh up any potential impact on the right to life of the person, other road users and memebers of the public no just put it straight in the too dificult box, if you said your sister was going to be walking around Kent with a shotgun they’d send the intel out soon enough.

Anyway pleased it has reached some form of settlement

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Slightly o/t but if I am reading this correctly Police Scotland said they could not disseminate intel to forces elsewhere in the UK? Should this happen again that is lazy rubbish they are spouting, and it boils my p*** somewhat. They have a duty of care if they receive intelligence that someone is a danger to themselves or other road users to disseminate that intel, even if it is to a force in England. They have to weigh up any potential impact on the right to life of the person, other road users and memebers of the public no just put it straight in the too dificult box, if you said your sister was going to be walking around Kent with a shotgun they’d send the intel out soon enough.

This is precisely the discussion I had with my local Police station. I think I may write to Police Scotland directly for clarification on their policy.

Pickers

matt_outandabout – Member
    I have been following this, not able to offer any advice.

Pleased that things are now moving in a positive direction.

^^^ This.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Police. How do I report a drug driving abuser at a Channel port.’ is closed to new replies.