• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Police application
  • stox
    Free Member

Anybody been through it?
    I’m pretty sure there are one or two police officers on here …. Looks like I’ll need to set quite a few hours aside for it!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I keep looking for jobs in Manc, but they haven’t been recruiting.
    Where did you apply?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Mate of mine went through the application process. It took him about a year from start to finish.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Probably easier to wait until the likes of G4S or GeoAmey take over. I do not know many happy coppers anymore.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Bloody hell, it was 17 years ago when i did it. If you need to give evidence for something use the STAR format, (Situation, task, action result). One tip i used all those (ahem) years ago was get a copy of the chief constables annual report for the last year, this will give you a heads up of policing initiatives, stats etc.
    Sorry I can’ t give you much more advice. Good luck.
    And yes, it takes about 12 months to process.
    A few forces now are going down the route of only recruiting from the specials or sending new applicants on a degree in policing.

timidwheeler

You’re out of date Monkey. It’s CAR, Circumstance, action, result.
    Stox I strongly recommend a ride-along if you haven’t been a special. If your application requires an interview make sure you have plenty to talk about when asked how you have prepared for the application.
    Which force? Do you have or need the the CKP?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cheers timidwheeler, I thought I was well out of date. 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

STAR – CAR

I wonder how much a consultancy charged to come up with a new acronym to describe the same thing. 🙂

wordnumb
    Free Member

25% is a considerable efficiency saving.

jon1973
    Free Member

But CAR has a higher Scrabble value, although I’m not sure whether that is good or bad thing when it comes to efficiency.

Kato

You can email me if you want a hand. I’m Met if that’s any use to you

…And it’s SOAR here. Situation. Objective. Actions. Result

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Police application’ is closed to new replies.