Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Poldark
  • johndoh
    Free Member

What utter shitebollocks.

slowoldman

It’s not a patch on the original. Well, I’ve not watched it but that’s my considered opinion.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s not for chaps though is it

cinnamon_girl

I nodded off during tonight’s episode, finding this series a let down in that it’s all formulaic and contrived. Not sure whether I’ll continue watching but, then again, he’s pretty hot.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My mate’s dad wrote the Poldark books. He should be doing alright by this.

johndoh
    Free Member

Nope, agreed. But my wife wanted to watch it. Twas annoying though – one of the few nights where we had finished our dinner in good time and had no chores to do so I wanted to watch a film, instead I had to sit through that.

prawny

Yeah we’re sitting through it. It’s not the best, and some of the acting is woeful, but I get the feeling its supposed to be. Moms from my wife up to my Moms mates love it, so it’s doing something right.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

then again, he’s pretty hot.

I though we had moved on from the misandrist attitudes of the 1970s were one sex was exploited for the titillation of the other?

They will be using Aidan Turner to market MTB tyres next….

DezB
    Free Member

Well said thm. I feel violated by C_G’s comment .

cinnamon_girl

Report my post chaps. 😆

slowoldman

Whereas the original had its attractions.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The original has the delightful but sadly late, Angharad Rees (RIP)

Farly harmless 21:00 Sunday evening fayre – predictable and not too mentally challenging at the end of a weekend. Helped last night by two bottles of Beaune’s finest consumed beforehand.

slowoldman

Yes it’s surprising how many of the lads used to settle down on the sofa for their weekly Demelza fix.

Rockape63
    Free Member

it’s not for chaps though is it

😳

Yes it’s surprising how many of the lads used to settle down on the sofa for their weekly Demelza fix.

Funny, I can remember watching the original series and recall I didn’t like anything about Angharad Rees. Its not formulaic, its following the series of stories in the books written by Winston Graham….we’ve just started the second out of a total of 12. 🙂

whimbrel
    Free Member

What, in the name of all that is holy, is there to not like about the current Demelza!! 😯
    What is wrong with you lot?

…..and Elizabeth 😉

neilthewheel

What, in the name of all that is holy, is there to not like about the current Demelza!!

She hath no bubbies!

Rockape63
    Free Member

She hath no bubbies!

You’re so shallow Neil! 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Poldark’ is closed to new replies.