Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Poland – anyone ridden there???
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

Big mountains and low living costs should equate to affordable mountain biking fun, but I can’t find much online about it. MTB Treks seem to be the only decent looking holiday organisers online. Have any of you done any mountain biking out there and can recommend a good organised holiday?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Never ridden to Poland. It’s miles from Australia.

When I say Poland I’m my head it sounds like that girl off of Grange hill saying “rowland”.

integerspin
    Free Member

I drove out of east Berlin and[worryingly] saw signs for Polen!

kayak23

Last year.I stayed a few days in Wisla and rode at the bikeparks, Palenica and Skozek.

Not done any xc trail riding there though.

The bikeparks were a little ‘ghetto’ when you’re more used to the French alps.
    Tiny little two seater gondola and no bike hooks. Basically, you readied yourself on the mat with your bike at your side at arms stretch, the gondola approached at rapid speed and you quickly sat down wheeling your bike alongside. When the gondola took off you had to hoik your bike up and hang it by the saddle nose on the edge of the gondola seat…
    A bit disconcerting at first but you got used to it.
    The top was worse actually at first. Trying to hoof your bike up to clear the raised platform making sure it ran straight and didn’t turn under you…. 😯

Good riding mostly and its charm was that it was so unashamedly Heath Robinson.

I imagine there would be some great riding in the hills around there. It’s very beautiful, but we were just on bikepark duty this time.

Locals were pretty accomplished at bike lift technique.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Poland – anyone ridden there???’ is closed to new replies.