Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Poland and Russia
  • Reluctant
    Free Member

What an effing ace game :D.

aa
    Free Member

missed it, putting jnr v2 to bed.. 😡

is it worth watching the full game? i record them and watch if they’ve seemed good..

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Best game so far for me

Duggan

Great game with the goal of the tournament so far in there.

wrecker
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like a bad scrap either 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Only saw the second half – looked a really entertaining game.

Is it just me, or have every team I’ve seen (other than Sweden, luckily) made me think “they’d cause England trouble”?

The only crap game I’ve seen so far was England-France.

What England needs is one (ideally two) players who are just comfortable on the ball IN AREAS THAT MATTER. Anyone can look good stroking easy passes in their own half whilst going nowhere – but if you look at some of the first touches in the Poland-Russia game, they are in a different class from ‘Lead Boots’ Milner and co.

A decent first touch leads to more time and space, more time to weigh up the options, better balance to beat a player etc. Why can’t England players be confident on the ball in the last third?!

ds1
    Free Member

England-France wasn’t boring for me, I was so expecting us to get a good tonking the tension was almost too much.

As it was, an impressive defensive display. I enjoy that aspect of a team a lot, whether it’s England or the great masters of Italy. I don’t why people think that somehow “isn’t proper football”.

Duggan

Well Ukraine, Russia and Poland have all looked good I think. Shearer and Hansen were saying that Ukraine won’t cause England any problems but they must be tripping. Ukraine looked strong last night especially with the home advantage.

Duggan

ds1- yep agreed there, Ballack was whinging about defensive football yesterday, saying it’s ‘not football’…this from the man who played for Chelsea. People only moan about it when it suits them.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bardzo dobje 🙂 Poland really played well tonight. Hopefully they will be able to sustain that level of performance and get out of the group phase.

grum
    Free Member

Gonna watch the highlights shortly.

I thought England did aright. We’re never going to be the most creative or technically gifted team so why not play to our strengths.

trailmonkey

excellent stuff last night. i think the pundits were getting ahead of themselves after the first russian game. they didn’t look like possible winners to me last night.

as far as england are concerned, i’m not a fan of defensive football but i agree that we have to play to our strengths. it’s also easy to forget that hodgson has only had 3 games and 1 month with the squad so to expect anything other than to avoid defeat at this level is a bit unrealistic, though for what it’s worth, i think that as the tournament goes on, we will be more efficient/be more progressive when we have the ball.

have to say i love the whinging from blanc et al about the way we played. so sorry monsieur, were we supposed to let you win ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Poland and Russia’ is closed to new replies.