Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • points on your licence……for speeding.
  • ton

how long do they last.

miketually
    Free Member
    matthew_h
    Free Member

Three years for totting up, four years on your license and 5 years for insurance

TomB

I needed a ‘clean’ licence for my job. At interview it was viewed as ‘clean’ as the points were>3 years old, although DVLA won’t remove them until 4 years after.

taka
    Free Member

😀 ive already got 3 on my lisence well when i get it last time ill be riding my motorbike on the road 😡 it good that they will only be on there for a year when i get it

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Some insurance companies only ask if it was within 3 years, and even then I have heard that until you get more than 6 points it doesn’t affect the premium. Mine didn’t go up when Ideclared my 3 points

racing_ralph
    Free Member

taka – Member

[:D] ive already got 3 on my lisence well when i get it last time ill be riding my motorbike on the road [:x] it good that they will only be on there for a year when i get it

you cock

taka
    Free Member

i felt one when i went home 😆

IdleJon

Some insurance companies only ask if it was within 3 years, and even then I have heard that until you get more than 6 points it doesn’t affect the premium. Mine didn’t go up when Ideclared my 3 points

The company I work for ask back 5 years, and all points affect the premium. With most companies I know of 3 points tend to add £60 – £100, depending on other factors (ie age, etc). If you had 9 points you could easily add £500plus.

loddrik
    Free Member

I have 3 licences, one for the points, one to show and one in case I lose the clean one, though most of my points have expired as far as the law is concerned

skidartist
    Free Member

Which of the three licenses will you use for your perjury trial?

aracer
    Free Member

The company I work for ask back 5 years, and all points affect the premium. With most companies I know of 3 points tend to add £60 – £100, depending on other factors (ie age, etc).

I’ve always been asked back 5 years, but with the company I’m with at the moment (and the one I was with before IIRC) 3 points make no difference at all to the premium.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Loddrik I can’t possibly see how you can have 3 licences? Unless they are in different names? Interesting to see what personal details you have on that? and need we says more on that …

when both myself and Mr MC got 3 points neither of them effected our insurance policies we were told 6 points would hike it up, guess it depends who you’re with, how long etc etc.

The points are valid for 3 years on your hard core licence then they count for 4 years in the distance somewhere! wierd .. makes you wonder what the point of that is?

ctk

9 points and counting… should have challenged the 1st 3 point offence but the rest were dumb speeding offences (36 in a 30 & 97 on the M/way). My insurance has gone up quite substantially!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i got a quote from without putting in all my details, and when i decided to take it and told them about 3 points from 3 years ago, plus an accident i had 1 year ago (not at fault, costs recovered), it made 30 quid difference. This was on a subura impreza turbo (total quote was 400 quid with a-plan). The amount of difference it makes obviously depends on loads of other things as well.

zaskar
    Free Member

I drive like a Granny when it comes to speed as I grew up.

I want a clean licence and lower insurance as I rather spend the cash on bike bits.

Driving fast (which I have done on the track) just uses up fuel and risks other peoples lives.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘points on your licence……for speeding.’ is closed to new replies.