Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Pointless stuff you quite fancy buying this month……
  • RustySpanner

Drac

Just one more thing.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Force feedback steering wheel for my XBox

jekkyl

beer

grahamt1980

New downhill frame

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve bought a lot of Nerf related stuff. I am 47.

mashiehood
    Free Member

n all in one rapha thermal suit….

DT78
    Free Member

Skinsuit in case the stars align and I can do more than 2 tts next season

singletrackmind

England Football Jersey
    Deep section carbon wheelset

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Considering the amount of riding I’ve been able to do recently… A new bike?

gobuchul
    Free Member

That’s not pointless.

Classic TV is classic.

trail_rat
    Free Member

If anything decent appears locally ….. A lathe

lunge

A fixed gear road bike.

garage-dweller

An acoustic or electro-acoustic guitar.

I already own two electrics and a bass and I’m an inadequate hacker. But I like the idea of something that doesn’t need an amp and cables etc.that I can play with my son who has just started learning.

sharkattack

I’ve been obsessed with these for about a month. I’m so bored of my van that I’m having cravings…

But, I might just pick up a Columbo box set instead.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Gas Ram BSA Lightning air rifle.

metalheart
    Free Member

I am currently contemplating the following:

And one of these:

😳

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Given how cheesed off I am with our landlord at the mo, a house.

ton

metalheart……..snap, kinda
    i tried on a fantastic warm Fjallraven greenland down jacket yesterday.
    total waste of money for our winters, but nearly bought it.

http://www.fjallraven.co.uk/greenland-down-jacket

metalheart
    Free Member

Ton, I did succumb to this though:

Which will go with my Barents breeks…. 😳

In my defence, they have all been bought in a local independent outdoor shops sale at -20% RRP.

Oh and totally agree, their down Greenland jackets way OTT for our winters, even up here (unless you are actually venturing into the Cairngorms midwinter I suppose).

ton

i bought some ovik trousers. ideal for pottering on the bike and everday wear.

it is fantastic stuff.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’d be interested in how they hold up with biking in the medium to long term ton as their ability to take wax on strategic points makes me think they’d be pretty useful…

AlexSimon

I keep looking at those DJI Mavic drones.
    Too dear though.
    All my extravagances this month are totally practical. A dust extractor, router jig and other woodworking bits and bobs. Still feels like a treat though!

sprootlet
    Free Member

sharkattack
    Do it, we have that car and it is a hoot. Sounds great with the prodrive pack. Our neighbours know when we’ve come home (to be fair, they drive an even louder car than the scooby!)

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

A 29er singlespeeder that I’ll ride every day for two weeks before blowing my knees!

DezB
    Free Member

Classic TV is classic

You’re talking about Columbo? Always thought it was a standing joke cos of how bad it was!

I keep buying CDs off Musicmagpie’s ebay site. Some of em I don’t even like that much. And I’ve got more music than I can actually listen to… But they’re so cheap!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

In my defence, they have all been bought in a local independent outdoor shops sale at -20% RRP.

Do they have a name/website? What model shirt is that?

CheesybeanZ

A fat bike .

metalheart
    Free Member

Sub/rub: it’s Craigdon Mountainsports in Aberdeen. I don’t think the stuff is on their website but if you call the shop and ask for Neil and say some beardy ****-er who bought one Saturday sent you he’ll know who it is… Think they’re even open today…

ETA: https://www.themountainedge.com/fjallraven-m343 not shown as reduced but it was in store yesterday. Tel. No. 01224 624333

It’s somewhat imaginatively called the G1000 shirt: http://www.fjallraven.co.uk/g-1000-shirt

Craigdon had 2 left a large and maybe medium? It’s kinda heavy shirt, very light jacket. Has a zip and a handy side pocket on LH.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Excellent, Thanks!

iolo
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78I-A7ikXYU[/video]

I’d love one of these. Totally pointless as I have a watch but amazing at the same time.

onehundredthidiot

Was looking at a stanton slackline, now a vw t6

kayla1
    Free Member

I sometimes think I would like a phone that can do mp3s so I can listen to music when I’m out on the bike by myself, but I quite like the sounds of the ride and there’s nowt wrong with the phone I’ve got.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Olympic bar and weights, sits loaded up in the snug with my deadlift 1RM, never lift it because i do all that nonsense at the gym.

rt60
    Free Member

A skateboard, I am 37 and have never skated despite being a good snowboarder.

I feel it’s now or never and have spent the whole afternoon looking at them

bedmaker

I was offered one of these at the weekend at a price that was too good to refuse, so the deal has been made. 🙂
    Not quite pointless, but certainly not essential. I have had a long term hankering for a fast rubber boat mind you.
    Old enough and sought after enough to be pretty depreciation proof.

RustySpanner

Is that Ant or Dec?
    Always get them mixed up.

I now have trouser envy.
    Not for the first time on this forum, oddly.

julians
    Free Member

Bedmaker – I used to have one of those about 10 years ago, Mine had a yamaha 50 two stroke on the back. It would do about 45mph on flat water.

metalheart
    Free Member

I now have trouser envy.

That made me laugh, thanks 😀

tthew

Once you’ve decided you want an unnecessary thing, how long do you manage to wait before the ahfukit moment?

Anyhow, Transit Connect L2. The one with the petrol engine and 6 speed gearbox probably. Should just get a couple of jobs done on the existing van.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Pointless stuff you quite fancy buying this month……’ is closed to new replies.