Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Pointless business speak….
  • MoreCashThanDash

Travelling back through the Borders this evening, saw a van emblazoned with “John Smith (or whoever it was). Farrier”

Which seemed fine. But underneath they had added “Shoeing Solutions”. Presumably for any recently relocated city types who don’t know what a farrier does?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Presumably for any recently relocated city types who don’t know what a farrier does?

Yep, that sounds the most likely explanation. Otherwise how would a recently relocated city type know where to go if their horse lost a shoe ?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘Shoeing solutions – rationalizing equine clients needs for going forward’

busydog
    Free Member

‘Shoeing solutions – rationalizing equine clients needs for going forward’

😆

burko73

Did anyone ever see that wa%kword bingo? a sheet full of corporate buzzwords to quietly fill in in meetings when anyone used each buzzword. first one with a line etc…. bit old hat now but still relevant in the corporate/ public body world sadly.

bruk

Nah he’s just reflecting the fact that horse owners will buy anything if wrapped up in enough bullshit and or sold as miracle cure.

They will spend thousands on complete bollocks.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

One near me on a Suzuki jeep, a good old fashioned pun;
    “Only Foals and Horses”
    offering equine massage… 🙄

Sandwich

“Shoeing Solutions”.

He also offers contract beatings?

br
    Free Member

Aye, and at £70 every 6 weeks he probably has an Audi and a carbon Santa Cruz at home 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

Shoeing Solutions

Any idiot can shout “shoo” at a horse!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Any idiot can shout “shoo” at a horse!

To be fair according the OP there was no mention of horses.

Although perhaps this was only so as not to give away too many clues to recently relocated city types.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

“Shoooing Solutions”

We can tell most classes of person, animal inanimate object and concept to F88k off

We also supply lion Urine and other types of repellant in dilute form

augustuswindsock

Bruk, comment of the evening! (Please tell me you’re being ironic!)

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Sat through a particularly tedious meeting today, during the course of which one individual referred several times to ‘B-A-U’ with no explanation. Eventually figured it was Business As Usual. Only to be followed by B-B-A-U, Beyond Business As Usual. At least nobody started dribbling on about low hanging fruit………..

barkm
    Free Member

bau a pretty standard acronym isn’t it? Definitely wouldn’t lump it in with genuine pointless business speak.
    Never heard of BBAU though, highly suspect that is veering close to pointless territory.

househusband
    Free Member

They will spend thousands on complete bollocks.

They’ll also spend that on horses minus their bollocks too.

I know this as I have an idea how much Mrs hh spends on her horse(s) but it does mean that whatever I spend on bike kit pales into insignificance…

But in all seriousness a farrier knows way, way more about horses than merely changing their shoes…

dannyh
    Free Member

Mere amateurism so far on this thread. I work with a bloke who used to work at a firm where the horror is unspeakable. They actually used the phrase ‘chatwich’ to describe having a meeting (chat) over a sandwich at lunchtime. This bullshit was encouraged.

Don’t knock it, though. If you can master business speak, deliver it with confidence and reinvent the wheel whilst seemingly breaking new ground you can call yourself a consultant and charge £200 per hour minimum. And guess what, the more the idiots pay you, the more they will believe you!

ski
    Free Member

Can you **** bank that idea for me 😯

Mantastic
    Free Member

Heard this one recently whilst attending a “town hall” (idiots name for a meeting)

“Come on guys we are not trying to boil the ocean, it’s simple logistics”

Save me from these idiots

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Presumably for any recently relocated city types who don’t know what a farrier does?

D’uh like they wouldn’t know that a farrier leverages equine footwear deliverables 🙄
    Posted from my wheelhouse

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pointless business speak….’ is closed to new replies.