Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Pointers pleas for level(ish), kid friendly routes around and above Cragg Vale.
  • rockhopper70

I’ve being trying to plan, on a map, a reasonable level route over the moors near where I live.
    Not much around Sowerby bridge without steep climbs or descents so looking over to Cragg.
    I hear about this mythical “mordor” from MNPR nights that seem to lead off from the White House but where from there?
    Stoodley pike from blackstone edge is fairly flat but once there, it’s mostly back down to the valley bottom and would be a long road drag back to the top.

Suggestions, segments, strava maps or routes all welcomed.

Thanks

mcnultycop

Problem with Mordor is it’ll drop you out half way down Blackstone Edge (for Mordor just cross the road and pick up the “erm” bridleway with a short sharp rocky little climb to the drainage ditch. Keep the ditch on your left and just keep going. It’s not a kid friendly route though (depending on your kids) as there are a few rocky bits and mini-valleys.

Everything is a bit uppy downy round there.

Hurstwood would be good for kids if you want to put bikes in the car.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Pointers pleas for level(ish), kid friendly routes around and above Cragg Vale.’ is closed to new replies.