Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Point me to a device.
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

I assume this exists somewhere. I want something like tablet(computer not Asprin). Must have GPS , must also be able to surf web away from wifi. Like a phone I guess there. don’t want a phone as my 10 quid job from 5 years ago is fine. Would prefer to run a 3 sim card if such a system exists. 7 or 10″.Ideally something without a stack of apps or at least the ability to delete 99% of them.
    suggestions? I have no idea.

CountZero

I can’t tell if this is a troll or serious; benefit of the doubt, iPad mini, 3 SIM, Viewranger App with OS Mapping.

Del
    mattsccm
    Free Member

Deadly serious. Not all of us electrickery . Like I said I have 10 quid phone and that uses 1 tenner a year in calls. I have never used a touch screen in my life.
    ta for the one suggestion.
    Am I stuck with that sort of price when I see some tablets a quarter of that? Yes I know about getting what you pay for but even so maybe not that much for something may use once.
    Of course its entirely likely that I may not be suitable for that level of technology.

molgrips
    Free Member

Basically any tablet with 3G. Take your pick. Go into Currys and have a play.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lots of cheaper android tablets available. I’m not sure what’s the lowest budget jobbie that will also take a sim though. You will have to have a sim enabled tablet to surf away from wifi. Either that or get one of those giant screened “phones” that Samsung do (though I suspect this would be outside of the kind of budget you’re talking about).

allfankledup

Moto g phone

Yes, it is a phone – but just over £100, reasonable size and great vfm IMHO

So good I bought one for the mrs to use – minimal complaints so far

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Point me to a device.’ is closed to new replies.