Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • pogies continued
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

huge gap in market for cycle specific pogies as the alaskan protect in -40 stuff starts about 200 dollars so i decided to try modifying some significantly cheaper motorbike ones. oxford bone dry at 29.99 from amazon

upon fitting i think all i can really do to improve is use a couple of zip ties to secure them to the bars perminantly and shorten the cord between the 2 as its designed for much wider bars. Depending on warmth they may get fleece lined but will have to ride in the cold with them first

might be modified with fleece lining but just sticking hand in them you can feel a difference in temperature

bigyinn
    Free Member

Where on earth do you live to require that sort of insulation in the uk? 😯

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I am ourkidsam and I approve this message

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is that sized for Popeye? 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

you not seen my hands 😉

live in aberdeen and have 35 miles or there abouts to ride at 5.30am – last year i saw -18 at one point and -10 with alarming regularity !

was commuting in a 650fill down jacket under a waterproof and not sweating last year – had mammut mitts over extremities silk liners for gloves last year.

also 24hrs of strathpuffer will be a bit easier if i dont have to take my gloves off to eat food !

paul78
    Free Member

Pogies are amazing… I have moose mitts atv ones and will be ordering another set of Dogwood designs.

Very very limited market but for deep winter riding they are very comfortable… allow you to use very thin gloves so you get all the feel of the bike that you dont with heavy winter gloves.. only down side is stopping water coming down your arms and into them so better with a narrower opening/cuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

no different to gloves though really is it paul ? the water gets into them too

that is something i can work on though cheers for that

ts the thin gloves thing that i really want more than the extra heat …. to wear just my summer gloves or the silk liners would be epic – thus i could then do stuff like open zips , food etc without having to first take the mitts off will be ace

paul78
    Free Member

With Gloves you pull your jacket over the cuff of the gloves so water doesn’t get in them… you can’t do that with pogies so you usually end up with warm damp hands…

For endurance events just keep swapping you gloves out for dry ones… they are stupidly warm when you use them… using Dogwood pogie plus’s my hands were sweating at -30.

Sooner or later someone will take note of all these little products and we will have our own UK version of Revelate or Carousel designs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘pogies continued’ is closed to new replies.