• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Poetry on 6Music
  • Pook

twoddle. If i cobble some words together and use THE PO….E….TRY VOICE, THE POETRY VOICE……THE VOICE OF THE POET….. you reckon i’ll get a job?

maccruiskeen

you reckon i’ll get a job?

Are there any vacancies?

ahwiles
    Free Member

so i’m not the only one wound up by the BBc poetry voice…

(like Luna Lovegood, wihout any of the sincerity)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spursn17
    Free Member

I turned it off, getting fed up with all the Glastonbury chat as well. I love BBC6 but it does disappear up its own arse sometimes

Just play some f****** music!

scud
    Free Member

Drop a shed load of acid and talk about “sonic landscapes” and you can have Mary-Anne Hobbs job i reckon?

binners

I’ve defected to Five Live as I can’t stand all the constant Glastonbury ‘Oh its all just soooooooooo amazing. I bet you wish you were here, don’t you?’ smug-fest, that seems to go on for most of June

bigrich

Listen to Marc Riley on iplayer instead, his show is great

km79
    Free Member

6music would be good if they didn’t talk between songs.

scud
    Free Member

6music would be good if they didn’t talk between songs.

Except iggy Pop, he can just talk and not play any songs..

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I turned it off, getting fed up with all the Glastonbury chat

This. Very much this.

Regarding the poetry stuff. I quite liked it when they had Kate Tempest doing some on Steve Lamacq a while back.

BigJohn

Apart from the doggerel, aren’t we all looking forward to next week when instead of properly produced music we’ll be getting crap-sounding live stuff from everybody’s amaaazing set at Glasto.

CountZero

Christ almighty, what a bunch of miserable whining brats on here. This happens every sodding year, has done for sodding years, but anyone would think this is the first time the Beeb has done Glastonbury broadcasts.
    Nobody forces you to listen, go and ride your bikes, it’s dry and sunny, make the most of it!
    As for the poetry, that’s Murray Lachlan Young, who’s been doing it on Keavney’s show on a Friday for bloody ages, and it’s only now that anyone has woken up to the fact?
    Bloody hell, the world’s going to Sheol in a handcart, and the worst that some people can find to bitch about is the Beebs Glastonbury coverage and Murray’s poetry?
    I hear the Life Store™ © ® has a sale on, get down there quick and get one, while there’s some left.
    #rollseyes

scud
    Free Member

I think the best thing is to get the iplayer app so you can pick and choose the shows you want and play them, 80% 6 Music with a 20% smattering of Radio 4 comedy.

PrinceJohn

I quite enjoy the poetry.

Usually love the Glastonbury coverage, this year however I’m hating it as it’s a constant reminder to me that my gf is there and I’m not.

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve not heard any of it, but I would have thought that if 6music wanted poetry the only port of call should be John Cooper Clarke.

Pook

Murray Lachlan Young

Nope, it was the Glastonbury ‘poet in residence’. MLY is bloody annoying too though.

ANNOYING HE IS, OH YES I HEAR YOU SAY
    POPPING UP AT 10 WITH HIS POEM OF THE DAY
    A POEM OF THE DAY WRITTEN JUST A FEW HOURS
    A POEM. A DAY. FROM THE BBC TOWERS
    THE BBC TOWERS, NOW GLASTONBURY POMP
    LO HOW YOU WISH YOU COULD HAVE A ROMP
    IN FIELDS OF GREEN, NO MUD TODAY
    IN MY POEM. MY POEM MY POEM OF THE DAY

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Poetry on 6Music’ is closed to new replies.