Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PODSACS – UK Pack Production
  • hughcottam
    Free Member

Just as a follow up to some previous discussions on here and other forums, we are now having a very serious look at the possibility of restarting UK based pack production for Podsacs. I certainly can’t promise that this will happen but we are very keen to make it happen if it’s at all feasible,

cheers Hugh Cottam – Podsacs
    http://www.podsacs.com

felltop

That’s great news. Until a couple of years ago I worked for an outdoor equipment / clothing brand, and know that with your business model the costs should be capable of stacking up correctly. I’m thinking clean, simple design and small batch size to increase responsiveness to market, allow rapid development and minimise investment in stock volume.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Yak

Great news!

I’ve still got a Pod boulder mat from way back – great quality compared to the other mats I had back then. It’s that sort of good design, quality and durability, that if supported by uk production/ aftercare that will appeal to me certainly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    passtherizla
    Free Member

Have 3 separate pod sacs they are brill, had to buy a grivel though because they ride too high on my back for climbing in.

finbar
    Free Member

Great news. Even if China is of equal/better quality, made in the UK is a massive selling point and will only become more appealing in the future.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Fantastic news, my ginormous 85ltr POD experdition sac has been all over the place and abused mercilessly, and it is still performing brilliantly. 😀

andyrm
    Free Member

Definitely a good idea – and there’s a real gap in the market for a 16-20l with full face storage capacity, a la Evoc but without the insane price.

I reckon if you could hit the £60ish mark (and looking at your current pricing, I think that’s doable), you could do some serious volume.

🙂

hughcottam
    Free Member

Hi Andy, which specific EVOC pack do you mean? I can’t see one that looks like it would hold a full-face.

andyrm
    Free Member
    andyrm
    Free Member

Good example image:

andyrm
    Free Member

Just messaged you via the Podsacs website Hugh…… 🙂

hughcottam
    Free Member

Hi Andy, I don’t seem to have received that message. You can email me direct at hugh@podsacs.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PODSACS – UK Pack Production’ is closed to new replies.