Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Podcasts on MP3 player?
  • smashit
    Free Member

I’m new to the podcast game but have been listening to Downtime, Inside Line and Hookit podcasts recently. I’d like to get them on to a cheap drag-and-drop mp3 player that I use for running. Is this even possible? I cant immediately see any way of downloading them.

Cheers,
    Matt

onewheelgood

If you go to http://www.downtimepodcast.com/ there’s a big download button. Haven’t looked at the other two, but how have you been listening to them so far?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I use iTunes then windows media player to send to my Sansa.

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Simplest answer – download itunes, subscribe to podcasts, open podcast folder within the itunes folder, drag and drop files to mp3 player.

Itunes haters will scream about this, but the fact is that itunes has about the best podcast listings around (many third party apps use itunes to get the podcast listing).

Most podcast apps are designed to work on smartphones nowadays. Podcasts use RSS for distribution, so you may be able to use an rss reader for that, although they are getting harder to find. Spotify will play podcasts, unknown if they will let you download them.

smashit
    Free Member

onewheelgood – Member
    If you go to http://www.downtimepodcast.com/ there’s a big download button. Haven’t looked at the other two, but how have you been listening to them so far?

Tried that on my android but didn’t work, will have a go on the Mac.

Kellies heros – Member
    Simplest answer – download itunes, subscribe to podcasts, open podcast folder within the itunes folder, drag and drop files to mp3 player.

Sounds ideal as have a Mac at home. Will give it a go, thanks!

pointfive
    Free Member

Hi smashit, it’s Chris from Downtime Podcast here. Glad to hear you are listening, I hope you enjoy it! We are always open to feedback, so feel free to get in touch.
    I hope you manage to sort your downloads, hopefully our website will make that fairly easy for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Podcasts on MP3 player?’ is closed to new replies.