Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Pod type instant coffee machines..any good (Bosch Tassimo?)
  • rockhopper70

This one is on offer at Tesco at the moment and the clubcard points would cover it.
    Anyone got one?
    Any other types to consider?
    Is yours starting to gather dust now?
    Is it proving prohibitively costly to run?

Oh, by the way, no need to comment if you dont have one thank you.

wwaswas

Nespresso is the best – a lot of the others use instant milk in the capsules.

the_lecht_rocks

Nespresso fan here too. Genuinely excellent IMHO.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Here we go again.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m seriously looking at going from a DeLonghi fully automated machine to a smaller Nespresso one, I just don’t use it more than once a week & it takes up quite a lot of space in the kitchen, yes it’s nice to be able to make a proper espresso but when the wife/ guests just want cappuccino or latte then there isn’t any point keeping it if I can sell it for decent money on ebay or the like.

Cheers.

nano
    Free Member

Nespresso + 1 with caveat for mail order capsules.

Tried them all from plumbed in Gaggia to stove top Bialetti

rockhopper70

is this nespresso just espresso tho.
    The tassimo does all sorts, from tea to hot chocolate. Im not much of an espreso fan but like a nice filter coffee.
    Mrs Rock likes latte.

Grimy
    Free Member

We’ve got a tassimo and its perfect for our needs. Mrs Grimy loves the caramel Machiato, hot chocolat and petit dejeuner. I’ll have the odd expresso, but mostly americanos and proper full mugs of coffee, which was something the Nespresso we were shown just couldnt do (110ml max I belive). Balls to that. Horses for courses I guess. Tried a Chai Tea Latte tassimo the other day…..Not sure about that one yet, but the range is great. You can order direct online just as with the nespresso too so thats no problem.

druidh
    Free Member

Whoops! That’s a deal breaker for me!

stevelolly
    Free Member

We’ve had a tassimo for the last few months and are really happy with it . The missis likes the caramel machiato’s , my favourite is the Costa Latte . Word of warning though , it can get expensive if you take a liking to them 🙂 .

Kryton57

druidh – Member
    Grimy » proper full mugs of coffee, which was something the Nespresso we were shown just couldnt do (110ml max I belive).
    Whoops! That’s a deal breaker for me!

Holy cr*p. You do know your “mug” of coffee is actually 2 x espresso with added hot water (Americano) and milk and sugar added on’t you?

Tassimo’s are great, if you like the powedered milk/chocolate the comes with them (grimaces). Its not authentic and not an espresso machine, its a “drinks” machine.

CaptainSlow

I had a tassimo to start with and gave it away. I’ve now got a nespresso and am very happy with it.

I’ve got the one with the milk attachment and can do coffee, espresso, latte and macchiato.

The upside of the tassimo is that you can buy the capsules in some supermarkets (limited range). IMO the hassle of ordering capsules online is low but the consistency and taste of the nespresso makes it worthwhile.

For the first couple of months of ownership, I was a bit “all hail cornholio” and “I need bung hole for my tee pee” (off my tits on espresso in case you didnt get the Beavis and Butthead reference). After owning it for a year I probably use once per day on average. Coffee cost is about 30p a go.

druidh
    Free Member

Milk and sugar? Are you a girl?

Kryton57

druidh – Member
    Milk and sugar? Are you a girl?

In the nicest possible way, I was implying you might be 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“I am the great Cornholio! I need TP for my bung hole”

FTFY

I’ve had mine a month. I’ve barely slept. It’s the shizzle.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Wife bought a tassimo – I would’ve preferred a nespresso. Tassimo was chosen precisely for the variety of drinks options. Junior likes the hot choc, she likes lattes. The Americanos are pretty good, well the ones I’ve tried are. Wide choice available from lots of coffee manufacturers, and pretty well priced IMO

GrahamS

Our Tassimo blew up and knocked out the electrics with it!
    (Tip: make sure you descale them regularly!!)

Replacement is a Krups Dolce Gusto – given as a present cos it matched our kitchen decor 🙄 – it is okay but not brilliant – you have to judge the water manually, it doesn’t have the fancy barcode reader like the Tassimo (which I believe controlled temperate, pressure and amount of water). Also the Dolce pods are huge.
    The espresso it produces is pretty drinkable but I’ve had better.

steveoath
    Free Member

Tassimo owner here. Would recommend, although mine’s is broke after 4 years. Going to try to DIY mend it.

Try ordering t-discs from amazon or elsewhere online and you can get some of the euro only coffees that are well nice.

the_lecht_rocks
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well we have a grinder and a Gaggia espresso machine.

Easy to make anything really. Cafe Quality and you can use whatever beans you want for flavour.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

I’ve got a :-

Tassimo
    Stove top pot
    Gaggia Kubika and grinder

and would say each has their own place,

where the Tassimo wins is sheer conveniance, pod into machine and 30 secs later I have a drink in my hand, perfect for the kick in the morning

molgrips
    Free Member

Nespresso is definitely better coffee than typical supermarket stuff. Tassimo otoh has third party options, although not that many of them.

atlaz
    Free Member

nespresso is good and the shops here at least are selling third party capsules for them now

local coffee bloke (former european champion barrista or some like) swears by the Segafredo Zanetti “coffee system” and having had a few when chatting with him I’d probably agree that it has the edge

I still prefer freshly roasted and ground beans though

marcus7
    Free Member

I use a lavazza modo mio pretty much everyday again because its easy to use and the coffee it makes is pretty decent, the pods are a bit pricey but i only have one a day with breakfast and its miles cheaper than if i bought a coffee on the way to work!.

lunge

I’ve got a Dolce Gusto one, the coffee is pretty good, not brilliant, but perfectly drinkable. It is also easy to clean, heats up quickly and the pods aren’t too expensive.

rkk01
    Free Member

Can I ask why???

Whats wrong with proper ground coffee…

Aren’t all the pod systems just marketing BS?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

My in laws got me one of those Senseo’s last year

Garbage, used twice and now in the back of a cupboard, can’t get anything that remotely tastes like coffee

molgrips
    Free Member

I use a traditional espresso machine with ground coffee, but the pod machines are far less faff and mess.

Put pod in, seconds later out comes coffee. That’s it.

Nobby

I’ve got a Dolce Gusto one, the coffee is pretty good, not brilliant, but perfectly drinkable. It is also easy to clean, heats up quickly and the pods aren’t too expensive.

This.

The Nespresso is better quality but it’s much easier to use & pods available in many places.

Personally, I didn’t like the Tassimo coffee.

you have to judge the water manually, it doesn’t have the fancy barcode reader like the Tassimo (which I believe controlled temperate, pressure and amount of water).

The new DG machines do have ‘auto’ settings on them which are variable so you can adjust to your personal taste.

andytherocketeer

The senseo machines are naff. My dishwater is closer to coffee than the output from one of those machines. And a design flaw in the magnetic water level floats will make one float at the bottom, so the machine thinks it’s always empty, and they won’t descale either.

Real espresso machine for me, that takes real coffee, available in shops.

molgrips
    Free Member

Personally, I didn’t like the Tassimo coffee.

Surely Tassimo is the pod system, not the actual contents? Or are you tlaking about the way it brews?

We used to get quite drinkable coffee from the one we had, but it wasn’t really espresso as such, just short and strong and with good crema.

lunge

For me, I don’t drink enough coffee, it would be stale by the time I got to the end of the bag. Pods do the job for me and are better than instant.

cozz
    Free Member

ive had 3 tassimo machines at work, they seem to last about 1,5 years

thats okay with me, was paying rental and stuff on a larger machine, quite costly

they are chaep enough to buy and when they break I chuck them out

they are used in an unheated area – one died when it froze solid in winter and blew apart inside

I get the pods frmo Makro – they seem to have a fairly good range, often they are on offer at Asda too

most other machines are a bit to arty farty to be of much use for me

Nobby

Surely Tassimo is the pod system, not the actual contents?

I tried a few different pods at various friends houses & didn’t particularly like any.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Pod type instant coffee machines..any good (Bosch Tassimo?)’ is closed to new replies.