Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Pocket money – how much do 13 years olds get?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

As above.

ton

nothing, just buy them stuff when they ask for it..

uplink
    Free Member

£8 is what ours gets

votchy
    Free Member

We have never done the pocket money thing but to help teach our kids the value of money etc we are going to open accounts for them both where we will pay the child allowance (well some of it) in, then they can use it like pocket money but will have to save for bigger things etc, they can then buy their own clothes (we will get uniforms etc). Anyone else do this or similar?

jimster
    Free Member

Around here about £30 a week – they all seem to drink and smoke more than I can ever afford. 😯

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Whats the point in pocket money. Get f all for a tenner these days.
    We just buy them things if the general behavior warrants it.

the00
    Free Member

£13 – incremetal with age. Easy.

Gary_M
    Free Member

12 year old son gets £25 a month from me but he's got to do stuff to earn it all – like put his clothes in the washing basket, study, practice guitar. He has a wee tick list to tick stuff off every day which he likes as he feels he's earning and achieving something.

Wife also gives him £10 a month if he makes his bed every day.

He's just opened an 'expresscash' account with a debit card so it gets paid into that now.

spock
    Free Member

at 13 you can get a job at a cafe, and some restraunts

Gary_M
    Free Member

Have you any idea how busy kids are these days? Lots of homework and studying to do most nights, football training, rugby training, scouts then football and rugby matches Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I suppose he could say goodbye to a decent education and level of physical fitness and work in a cafe instead.

rob
    Free Member

our daughter traded her weekly pocket money for a mobile phone contract with unlimited texts and a free laptop for £30 a month she used to get £10 a week but spent it all on texts messages

carlosg
    Free Member

When I was 13 my mother told me to get a paper round , that was my pocket money.

However when my younger sister turned 13 she got the family allowance for her pocket money.

Hmmmmmm , some favouritism going on somewhere methinks (actually I always suspected this)

spock
    Free Member

Have you any idea how busy kids are these days? Lots of homework and studying to do most nights, football training, rugby training, scouts then football and rugby matches Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I suppose he could say goodbye to a decent education and level of physical fitness and work in a cafe instead.

Well yes, im 14, work on a saturday ,go biking on a tuesday and a sunday, do all my homework , and still have more than enough time left over to tinker pointlessly with my bike for hours every night.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just tell them to sell more drugs…how dare the glue sniffing wan£ers ask you for money. Its so not fair!

Gary_M
    Free Member

do all my homework , and still have more than enough time left over to tinker pointlessly with my bike for hours every night

Really, I think you must be at the wrong school.

spock
    Free Member

Really, I think you must be at the wrong school.

If you say so.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Daughter 16 get £30 a month plus phone, but works every other Sat – that brings in another £50 – so she ends up with £80!! more pare cash than me. she buys her own clothes
    Sprog James 13 get nothing!! actually he get £3per working session ie to clean a car, cut the lawn, this usually gets him off his a… once twice a week generating him £12-18 a month, we buy his clothes and pay for his outdoor kit (small mountain of bikes, climbing, mountain and kayak kit) and his racing (once -twice a month in season -pretty scary figure) and his bikes (real scary figure)
    I dare not add it up, they dare not to test/question the precious balance….

samuri
    Free Member

I just pay for my sons warcraft subscription instead of giving him pocket money. He says he doesn't want it any more but nothing's going to change as far as I'm concerned, that'll teach him the importance of thinking about the long term affects of agreements. And anyway, I'm sure there's lots of thirty seven year olds who use Warcraft.

barca
    Free Member

£15 on Saturday morning (more if she's going into the town centre with her friends), what ever she needs for school during the week and what ever she needs during the week for the various clubs and groups she's a member of.
    She's 12 (and lovely – plays an ace tune on electric guitar and keyboard as well) though.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pocket money – how much do 13 years olds get?’ is closed to new replies.