Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • POC VPD Knee pads – do they stretch?
  • philstone

Just received some POC VPD Knee DH long pads – going by POC’s website I should be in Medium territory, but they feel really tight around my thigh – lower leg is absolutely fine though..

Has anyone had them and found that they do was up over time? Or should I try the large..? I’m off to Les Arcs in a few days and so don’t have time to return and try a large, but I do have another set of pads so I do have an alternative.. If they do loosen up then I might just start wearing them around the house more to help..

Cheers

rocketman
    Free Member

Mine were OK for a few months but then became quite loose within the space of a few rides. Not sure if it was wear or sweat or washing that killed them.

If you can put up with the tight fit I would stick with the smaller size.

tomnavman
    Free Member

I’ve had the VPD 1s and 2.0s… the 1s stretched a lot, the 2.0s less so but still slightly. You want them fairly tight so they stay in place.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bedfordrd

My VPD 2.0 DH haven’t stretched in 4 visits to the Alps and several BPW days. They get very warm in the Alps and I wouldn’t want to pedal any distance in them. (have VPD Airs for that, which haven’t stretched at all in 2 years constant use). They keep me warm at BPW (why we do we always go in January?!?!?)

So I’m on the ‘they ain’t gonna stretch’ side of the fence.

Great pads though. Like having your knees sink into a soft cushion when you crash, without the pain of the knee/ground impact.

andybrad

my vpd air get tighter if i wash them!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘POC VPD Knee pads – do they stretch?’ is closed to new replies.