Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • POC Trabec – user opinions
  • iainc

Following my crash tale last week, I had bought a new Xar to replace smashed one but have sent it back as quite old even though new.

Will go into LBS and try a few as realise fit paramount. Current shortlist is Xar, Spesh Tactic and POC Trabec. Keen to hear from users of latter 2.

Thanks

tony07
    Free Member

Try on the urge all mountain. Was the best fit for me. I’ve tried the ones you’ve mentioned. Didn’t get on with the trabec

iain1775
    Free Member

I found POC heavy bulky and made my head look like a mushroom
    Ened up with a Catlike Leaf, lovely helmet, really light, fits better than my old Xen, if you can try one before you make ny decisions

iainc

Thanks, will see if I can get a try of those

jamj1974

Love my Trabec MIPS! Comfy and fits well.

godzilla
    Free Member

Poc all the way, tried a few lids on today and nothing felt as good on so it’s another trabec race for me.
    They seem to be a love or hate thing.

Northwind

I sent my POC straight back- heavy, bulky, and felt like it was missing half its pads. It was £60 in a sale and to me still felt overpriced. I think it basically relies on perfect fit for comfort, which isn’t a bad idea but has its obvious drawbacks.

Duane…
    Free Member

A mate has the TLD trail lid, feels and fits amazing, as snug as a skate lid, but obviously with venting etc.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Iain, do you ever buy anything without asking STW?! Forks, frame, varifocals, helmets?! Haha 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

jamj1974 – Member

Love my Trabec MIPS! Comfy and fits well.

Seconded, the most comfortable helmet I’ve ever had.

Worth every penny

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, love mine too..

jambalaya
    Free Member

I like mine very much. I don’t find it bulky or hotter than any other helmet I’ve had (and I rode in the Alps in high 30’s with it). I look no more or less ridiculous in it. Tried on the Urge Enduro which felt rather constricting, so got the POC which is the one I wanted anyway.

As I posted in your other thread, I’d suggest you get a lightweight full face – you are going to want to protect the damage/repairs for a while

trailhound
    Free Member

Really like my trabec race mips, very well made, comfy,good protection and airflow is fine but as mentioned above, really does makes my head look like a mushroom. This might just be my head shape though as every helmet I’ve ever had seems to do this to varying degrees! The other lid i was considering at the time was a Giro feature -great fit and great price, guess I’m just a name whore!

iainc

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Iain, do you ever buy anything without asking STW?! Forks, frame, varifocals, helmets?! Haha

POSTED 46 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Nopes 🙂 just as well my dating days are in the past 😛

Sanny
    Free Member

I had one of their full facers which I managed to destroy in the Alps. It fit well but the lack of crash replacement policy was a major downer. I tried the Trabec Race as I love the orange but it was a weird fit and was really uncomfortable with glasses on. I now stick with Giro – they fit, they work and they do crash replacement.

Cheers

Sanny

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve got a trabec race & love it !,the fit the quality the lot !…you’ve only one head so buy the best !..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘POC Trabec – user opinions’ is closed to new replies.