Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • POC Tectal – opinions ?
  • iainc

the search for xc lid continues with Giro Montaro on it’s 4th set of pads in a month of use and likely heading for a refund, if the current set fail… 🙁

Anyone using the current POC Tectal, do you like it ? LBS can get one in for me to try before buying from them. Not cheap…

zinaru
    Free Member

i got one for christmas,- tectal race totally love it, very comfortable on my massive dome and light. not tested its life saving ability yet!

first poc helmet after replacing my mangled mavic notch.

aP
    Free Member

Seems ok, reasonably well vented, reasonably light, reasonably comfortable. I have no frame of reference for similar helmets as I’ve pretty much only used and still continue to mostly use road helmets (Octal currently).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

love mine, fits my bonce very well.

stevied
    Free Member

Had mine since Christmas, really pleased with it.
    Feels really well made and fits very nicely. Lightweight and comfortable with light fitted to the top.

For comparison I tried loads:
    Troy Lee A1
    i7
    Bell Super
    Giant
    6DP
    Met Lupo

None fitted as well as the POC.

iainc

great, thanks, will get one ordered in to try, cheers

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hi Iainc, my latest Montaro went out for a couple of hours in the snow yesterday, guess what happened to the original orange pads. next ride I’ll try the black replacements sent from Giro but I think I know what will happen.

I tried the Tactel before the montaro but for me, the problem is, it wouldn’t work with my existing Oakley Racing Jackets. The helmet seems to sit too low at the front.

I’ll be therefore, watching this thread with great interest.

iainc

Onzadog – I have a bag with a set of grey Montaro pads and 3 sets of black ones, all in tatters after between 1 and 3 rides each. I still have a few black sets left as Giro sent me 2 sets FOC, as did Evans. Stupidly I put them all in same bag, and the labels are identical, so i don’t know if any are the ‘new, sorted’ ones. Interestingly, the ones I popped in new yesterday pre-ride are fine after a sweaty 3 hr ride, they appear to have a shiny seal on the join which is intact. I intentionally gave them a post ride rinse in warm water and dried on a radiator to see what would happen, and they are fine, for now….

I want to have a backup option though, as my old MTB helmet went in the bin a month ago, hence Tectal idea.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘POC Tectal – opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.