Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • POC sizing
  • adsh
    Free Member

Going to be doing some more Wales and generally rocky riding this year. Would like to have some knee and elbow pads that I can use for pedally/XC riding.

POC seem to get good reviews – thinking middle of the road Joints (not Airs or 2.0s). I’m at the large end of their medium in elbow (30cm forearm, 32cm bicep). For knee I wonder where to measure the calf circumference – widest is 40cm yet 10cm above the knee circumference of thigh is 42cm. This would put me at a large calf and a medium thigh…. a bit higher on the calf is 38 which is just medium.

Any experiences of POC sizing and comfort for pedalling all day?

rocketman
    Free Member

ime their kneepads are very slightly on the small side. Snug rather than relaxed

I’m a fairly uniform size L and POC’s VPDs in L are a good fit. Not the best – they’re a bit short for me at 34″ IL – but otherwise OK. Have had to send one pair back the calf panel lost its elasticity and they wouldn’t stay in place. They’re quite comfortable but I know I’m wearing them and the VPD retains moisture on pedally rides

They’re nicely made and all that but nothing extraordinary. They seem good because a lot of the competition is awful. If you can get them at a reasonable price they’re OK but they’re not worth a premium

HTH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘POC sizing’ is closed to new replies.