Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • POC Joint VPD Air Knee Armour or Fox Racing Launch Pro Knee Guards?
  • geoffj

I know I need to try the fit of both, but any comments on durability, sizing, adjustability or all day comfort.
    Any others to consider?

andybrad

Like mine, but you can’t wash them in a machine

iainc

I have the POC ones and like them. They are fairly unobtrusive but not quite as much as my Troy Lee Speeds, which I tend to use more, especially for non trail centre longer rides. The POC have more protection…

wrecker
    Free Member

I have had both. I prefer the fox’ in use but they are very fragile. Even though they are cheaper than the POC’s they aren’t great value.

muggomagic

I bought a set of the POC pads. Sent them straight back when I read on the care label not to machine wash them and wipe down with a damp cloth. That’s not going to work through the winter. So bought the Fox launch Pros they’re very comfortable and look a lot beefier than the POCs without actually feeling big when they’re on.

iainc

Re the washing, I put the POC ones in the bath and give them a good rinse, works fine. A mate puts his in the washing machine every few rides and they have been fine..

dufusdip
    Free Member

Didn’t read the label on my POC and they’ve survived a few machine washes.

Great protection and they don’t move in a crash, which previous pads did. They’re comfortable but i still hate climbing with them so they live on my shins on the way up.

I’ve not tried the fox ones sorry..

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

POC ones the D3O bit fell apart in the wash – I guess they don’t like a 40 degree cycle.

As everything, fit is king – the POC’s fitted me well to start with but after a short time rubbed & pinched on the back of my leg like an absolute b*stard.

The newer Fox D3O launch pads look great however. Not sure they are £109 great though 😯

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

rocketman
    Free Member

Have had both

The POCs were nice quality but I found the VPD to be stiff when cold and it hangs on to moisture. They were also a bit on the short side (my legs are long) and the elastics died after a few months use.

The Foxes are rather more workmanlike, quite heavy and made from coarse material but (for me) they were a better fit and less obtrusive. If money is important Nukeproof Criticals are virtually identical in shape but cheaper materials and lower quality.

markshires
    Free Member

I’ve got the POC’s and they have been great for me, had them about a year. Very comfortable and I can peddle about in them all day easily. As for washing them, I am sure they said they could be washed at 30, well that’s what I’ve been doing anyway and they have been fine.

andybrad

ive been washing mine as if i dont they are saturated in mud and it wears through your shin.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

not tried the POC’s but had several pairs of the fox launch pro’s and always found they fitted the best and most comfortable of those I’ve tried.

however recently moved to the ion k-pact (as highlighted above) and think they are better. similar D3O protection like the POC’s but at the price of the fox’s and padding can be removed for washing. takes a few rides to break them in, but they are the most comfortable pads I’ve ever used with better protection than the fox’s (have crash tested them) and lower less bulky profile

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Didn’t like the POCs, really cut into my right shin badly. But I am missing ligaments in that knee so maybe it flops about or something.
    They seemed like good pads though (can get sweaty but I think that has to be accepted at the moment) so if they fit you OK.

Can’t comment on the other ones.

Have ordered some super lightweight Bliss ones that are basically a big bit of lycra with the D30 pad on them, nothing else.

Better than nothing I guess

Speeder

OOPS! I’ve washed all my POC pads- will I die?

zelak999
    Free Member

I wash my 5 year old pair of POC VPD 2.0s after every other ride and they are just about coming to the end of their life.
    It’s frustrating really as the internal VPD bit is still as good as new, wish i could just get them re-covered!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Had fox launch a few years back, now for POC Vpd.

The POCs are much nicer, more comfortable, less bulky on the leg (mine were Fox Launch)

My fox’s had a few rips in them with my meager amount of riding. Steveo (white room) had had his POCs for a number of seasons, still going strong, that says a lot I think.

Re comfort, I usually forget I’ve the POCs on when I’ve finished riding.

geoffj

Thanks Guys – time to try some on.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘POC Joint VPD Air Knee Armour or Fox Racing Launch Pro Knee Guards?’ is closed to new replies.