• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Taz.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • POC Armour – How do you wash yours?
  • LordJingles
    Free Member

So the instructions say not to wash with water and to just wipe it down blah blah. I assume it is able to withstand rain so I guess using some luke warm water to gently handwash them is ok?

Any suggestions from those with POC armour?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Wash?

Northwind

With my Bones, I throw them in a bucket and poke them with a stick.

wwaswas

Can I post on this thread if I’m not a Lord? [edit] I can 🙂

I just take mine in the shower and use gel on mine – I managed to break the foamy bit on my first pair running them through a machine,

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

You certainly may not, phesant!

wwaswas

Lord Felcham the III

‘the sick’ is a bit of an odd title, though.

kimbers

depends what sort

i have some bone (non- vpd) leg ones and i just put mine inside the cloth bag they came in and bung them in the washing machine with my other kit

LordJingles
    Free Member

Oh right. I have the VPD 2.0 things. I reckon and luke warm shower with a gentle hand wash would be alright? (Yes, I’m still talking about the POC armour…)

wwaswas

I sometimes get my helmet into a good lather at the same time.

Taz

Chuck mine in the washing machine on a gentle cycle. 2 years on still ok if a bit battle worn now

LordJingles
    Free Member

Taz, are you talking about the VPD ones or other?

proberts
    Free Member

I put my VPD’s in the machine for the first time last night, they’re fine. Should’ve used some fabric softener to get them smelling nice, will do next time

Taz

VPD Elbow and the Bone Leg Armour (which have VPD in the knee ‘socket’ I think?

TBH I generally just chuck everything in the washing machine after a ride. Can’t say for sure but I do think it is not significantly worse off than if I can done some super delicate handwashing thing.

Stated that just after I started routinely wearing knee /shin pads when I moved to flat pedals. The fungal skin infections were not fun.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘POC Armour – How do you wash yours?’ is closed to new replies.