Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • PMBA Round 2 …..you racing?
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Not had any info about this Sunday yet, so just posted on their FB page but who is racing on Sunday? Im billy no mates this time, so feel free to join me if you’re in a similar position.

slordy
    Free Member

There is a group of 5 of us probably more riding than racing,feel free to join us we are a friendly bunch

slordy
    Free Member

There is a group of 5 of us probably more riding than racing,feel free to join us we are a friendly bunch. we are going to try & get an early start then go back out to watch the fast lads & Tracy Moseley

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slimporcini
    Free Member

Myself and a mate are heading up. I’ll be on a 456, hardly ride with my mate so not too sure what he’s on. 😯

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I’ll be there 🙂 afaik they’re sending the info out tomorrow but not the whereabouts of the stages. They won’t be telling us them until Sunday morning because some will be using footpaths I’d imagine.

Tracey

Abigale will be doing her first Enduro race. Still not had the camper delivered so it looks like a b and b. She will be on a S Works Enduro and I’ll be the one with a pot on my foot. Going up Saturday, any encouragement will be appreciated.

nosedive
    Free Member

Im there. Rolling up the night before and looking for a campsite

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m going, on my own, first enduro race and mega unfit right now! i’ll be riding a bright orange el guapo, no doubt slowly and badly… going up early on sunday cos it’s not too far for me from lancs really.

ricky1
    Free Member

Billy no mates here aswell,don’t know if to go day before or just drive up in the morning,bit rubbish we can’t practice day before,I’ll be on an Orange superlight meant to rain…….sorry.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yep going up early Sunday as well.

I be looking like the below (slightly shitting it)… say hi if you spot me 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Me and Simon of these parts are racing. I’m headed across Saturday afternoon and hoping to squeeze in a quick spin then.

Racing into tomorrow according to FB and stages released Sunday morning as there’ll be loads of cheeky. If its even half as good as last year then it’ll be flippin ace. Hopefully the weather will be as good as last year too!

Simon

Yep, I’m racing. I’ll be on a black and green Spesh Pitch.

ahsat

I’m there. First ever enduro, first ever race (well except a local 1hr xc thing). Also Billy no mates. I am slightly terrified though T-Mo being in the ladies is also inspiring. Have promised myself just to make sure I get round and don’t worry about ‘racing’. Look out for a lass with a white helmet on a stealthy black Spitfire. Got campsite booked for Fri and Sat but might just go Saturday mid morning.

samcamsdad

I’ll Be Having a day off work Friday to go and have a ride around grizedale, mainly to get used to my new bike. Busy elsewhere on Saturday, and back Sunday for the racing, only live 25 mins away so nice and handy for me.
    Also riding solo, on a black Commencal meta v4. See you all there.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

think theres about half or dozen or so of us there. not ridden Grizedale for ages. just gonna go and have fun. I tried really hard at Gisburn and did terribly so hopefully can just enjoy the day…

samcamsdad

Having just seen the forecast, I’ll now be having Thursday off work to go ride! Friday looks very wet! Showers for Sunday.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

yep i’m up there on my own doing a disservice to my carbon nomad (must be terrible to be a bike that gets ridden no where near it’s designed capabilities). if you see a fat, balding vet blowing out of his arse on a santa cruz – come say hi

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’ve had to pull out of this race and had paid a £20 deposit for 2 nights camping at hawkshead campsite. I’m not getting the deposit back so if it helps a fellow mountain biker you could perhaps assume my identity and get £20 off your stay?

let me know !

scaled
    Free Member

There’s a few of us heading up on Sunday morning.

Never ridden at Grizedale, what’s it like*?

*subtle what tyres for #enduro question

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Can’t do this race due to work commitments maybe it is a blessing in disguise after breaking my wrist at the race last year.

But deep down I’m very jealous of others who are going.

ahsat

Never ridden at Grizedale, what’s it like*?

*subtle what tyres for #enduro question
    Photo below kind of shows what it is like in a lot of places – rocky and loose like a lot of Lakeland bridlways – really good fun! Dont know though if they will have cut some cheeky forest stuff.

Stollen from the web!

I am keeping the Nobby Nic on the back and Magic Mary on the front due to the rain forecast rather than swapping to the Hans Damf.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m expecting a lot more of this from last year:

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Watch 5:50 onwards – there’ll most likely be a lot of this. It was unreal that section last year. Flippin brilliant!

adsbatts89
    Free Member

I’ll be there! Just waiting for my new meta v4 to arrive. If not I’ll be on a hard tail. I’ll be riding with my dad and keeping it steady. Say hi if you see a shiny new yellow meta.

ticsmon

I’ll be there on my todd probably falling off this

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Daveyboy. Was the high line right over the top not an option? I know it always looks easier than in the flesh…

nosedive
    Free Member

Race info looks good. 2 stages that are never usually open to the public

scary_carey
    Free Member

I’m in – Me and the brother in law will be there bright and early Sunday morn. I’ll be mostly crashing into trees on my vintage Nukeproof Mega:D
    Its my first Enduro and I’m excitedly kacking my pants
    See you all Sunday

philfive
    Free Member

I’ll be there with my broken toe

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

jj – yes, it was. Got sketchier as the day went on though with a big hole appearing under it. It doesn’t look it in the vid but that entire section was really steep so chucking in a steep boulder make it even more bonkers/fun/scary/hilarious.

jontykint
    Free Member

I was but waiting on another xray on a possible broken hand, done the other day practicing for this very race.
    gutted, but will be up there watching and cheering on my buddies

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Watch 5:50 onwards – there’ll most likely be a lot of this. It was unreal that section last year. Flippin brilliant!

that looks like it will be chaos in the wet once a few riders have been down it! somebody was saying the lack of practice availability on Saturday is due to some of the stages being run on footpaths and they’re not closed until sunday. if so it’s likely to be more loose rocky than muddy

ahsat

Forecast is all over the place at the moment, but wet looks quite likely! Off piste is going to be a bog fest!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Weather update, looks like the sun god is pleased with this years sacrifice.

Simon

That’s more like it 🙂

ahsat

Excellent. It will be cool but I’ll take that with dry and sunny. Hopefully the forecast rain for Fri and Sat will dry up quick.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Anyone around for a potter tomorrow PM? Tea time ish maybe? Depending on the weather, the wife and kids might stay at home but I’ve got a pitch at Skelwith Fold sorted so I’ll be heading over tomorrow regardless and it’d be rude to not squeeze in a quick spin tomorrow afternoon…

Tracey

We will be there from the afternoon on Saturday. Managed to get some overnight accommodation but not on that side of the lake. Kevin and Abigale will be riding up to tea time then we will have to find the digs. Just need to keep my pot dry and hopefully it will be off on Monday and I can slowly get back into riding, well as quick as they will let me.

bennyb
    Free Member

I’ll be going up early Sunday morning , anyone else from the Notts/Mansfield area?? This will be my second round, loved Gisburn and this looks just as good. Altho another wet one it looks like!!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

So glad the “heavy rain” has receded.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘PMBA Round 2 …..you racing?’ is closed to new replies.