Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • PMBA Enduro Gisburn this weekend
  • Tracey

Stages map just been issued. Looks good We will going up Friday night. Who else is up there

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yep

chakaping
    Free Member

Me too.

I don’t know the place well enough for the map to mean a lot to me – apart from we’ll be racing the Hope Line, Hully Gully and the DH (and possibly across the fire road through the woods again).

I assume we’ll be seeing a fair bit of mud as well as the trail centre stuff?

nosedive
    Free Member

I’m there. Last race, it’s been a good year

nosedive
    Free Member

Chapaking – there will be some mud if it keeps on raining on stage 1 and the bottom of stage 3. The rest is reasonably well surfaced

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Been on the waiting list for about two months and still didn’t get an entry… 🙁

proutster
    Free Member

I’m in, last race of the season for me. Looking forward to it, really enjoyed the first one of the season – now just have the internal debate about whether to fit the Shorty onto the front……

How many other Grand Vets will be there?

JohnnyPanic

Just you then.
    Oh wait, maybe me as well 🙂

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Yep. Looks like some ace stages. Loamageddon is quality. Looking forward to stage 2 (apart from the uphill fireroad sprint bit in the middle) some nice new bits on the DH line too. Can’t wait.

chakaping
    Free Member

Was loamageddon in the first gisburn round this year? Sounds familiar.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

stage 2 it was. stage 1 was right out of the hub down to the reservoir.

langylad
    Free Member

I’m not in but it is my local trail. Hully Gully has been resurfaced and is running really fast, I had a cheeky look down loamageddon, it was lovely 2 weeks ago but i imagine it will be a mud fest at some point on sat.
    Apparently you go up the firetrack at the side of the Hope line twice .
    Good luck with that, we don’t call it Glue Hill for nothing 🙂

mcnultycop

Up the Hope Line climb twice. That’d put me off going (if I was, which I’m not).

Which is loamageddon, is that the stage used previously that starts sort of a bit after the boardwalk?

andymc06
    Free Member

I’m in, looks a great course. First one was crazy in the mud!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ll be glad to see the back of loam for 2015, that’s for sure.

chakaping
    Free Member

stage 2 it was.

OK I remember that being the flat(ish) and muddy one.

Might be more like loam this time if the weather is kinder though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Forecast looks dry ’til Sunday now.

Hmmm.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Im racing. Don’t be deceived by the lack of rain for the off trail sections, im guessing it will be very muddy after they have been riden in practice. Maybe not quite as bad as last time.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Are the trails all open today? Was planning to pop over for a quick ride, completely forgot about the weekends event.

chakaping
    Free Member

just closed sunday it says on FB

proutster
    Free Member

darrenspink
    Don’t be deceived by the lack of rain for the off trail sections, im guessing it will be very muddy after they have been riden in practice. Maybe not quite as bad as last time.

My thoughts entirely, that’s why I fitted the Maxxis Shorty to the front last night – I think it’ll be worth it just for those two stages through the loam/mud/slop.

martinhutch

Up the Hope Line climb twice. That’d put me off going (if I was, which I’m not).

Blimey. You’d think it was some half day grind on the Divide, not a five minute fire road pull. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, this one will be a gentle plod compared to Grizedale.

that’s why I fitted the Maxxis Shorty to the front last night

Maybe I’ll leave the Shorty on the front then, but nick the front wheel off my HT just in case.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Great day. Loved stage 3, not so much 2 or 5. My thighs may never be the same again 😀

We were very lucky with the weather, I was shitting it thinking s1 would be a slippy rooty mess, wasn’t too bad actually.

chakaping
    Free Member

It was great to ride s1 and s3 in decent conditions, unlike round 1 this year.

Enjoyed all the stages, even 2. Thought the climb turned it into a really varied long stage.

Hope the fella who’d crashed at top of s3 was ok.

slimporcini
    Free Member

Stags 3 was mega! My fave by far. Was a top day of racing. The Pmba guys have got it right! Many thanks to them and the marshals.

Tracey

Just got back from a first class weekend. the organisation was top notch. Thanks to everyone who made it happen, the marshal halfway down stage 3 had me in stiches.
    Abigale is stoked in her first season of racing, fourth in the ladies on the day and fourth for the series.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yep, great event and thanks to Paul at Escape. Much better stages than last time in the mud.

Any results out?

proutster
    Free Member

Results at Sportident

Loads of photos already on Roots and Rain.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Hope the fella who’d crashed at top of s3 was ok.

That guy was my dad. I couldn’t believe what he did when he told me.He was fine, just a bit battered and bruised!

It would be amazing if anybody managed to get any photos or videos?

chakaping
    Free Member

Glad to hear that, thought it might have been a broken arm or something.

Have you looked on Roots & Rain? I know there were photographers on that drop ‘cos Jerry Tatton got a banger of me there.

Might take you a while to sift through them though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is this him?

Spotted it in the free pics on FB.

andymc06
    Free Member

Search PMBA Enduro Series on FB for the stage 3 official photos.

JohnnyPanic

Aaaargh. That ^ Pic is me. I did crash on the 3rd drop on Stage 3 but I don’t have any kids (as far as I know) so they don’t mean me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hope you’re OK pal, looks like it’s all going so well in that pic.

I’ve done a blog post on the race now…

PMBA Enduro Round 6: Gisburn

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’ve done a blog post on the race now…
    http://unduro.co.uk/mtb/pmba-enduro-round-six-gisburn/

Good write up, you did better than me. I hate that moment when you think you may have done quite well only to be filled with disappointment when you get the slip back. This round made me realise how utterly unfit I am.

Watching the video I can also see why I was also much slower on the sections of the stages you didn’t even have to pedal.

[video]http://vimeo.com/142194722[/video]

chakaping
    Free Member

I think it’s cornering and carrying speed rather than fitness where I’m losing time TBH.

And just not going fast enough overall.

fooman

There was someone taking photos on the step/jump into Hully Gully, I’ve not seen these on Roots and Rain, anyone know where they might have been posted?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Some people take a while to upload to RR, if you subscribe you’ll get notifications when you’re tagged on a photo.

JohnnyPanic

chakaping – Member

Cheers, but it wasn’t going well at all.
    I was slow, never felt fully engaged & I just got away with 2 of the jumps in practice.

No permanent damage, still feeling a bit battered & bruised.

If any of the Marshalls / Medic’s read this – thanks a lot for the help, assistance & reassurance. Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘PMBA Enduro Gisburn this weekend’ is closed to new replies.