Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PMBA 2015 Enduro questions
  • Tracey

Abigale wants to do this, where do I find the categories for her, she is 17 in April. Will it also be OK to miss the first one as she is away with collage that week

fr0sty125
    Free Member

FML I’m going to get beaten by a 17 year old girl this year.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

You don’t have to do the full series, you just won’t get an overall placing (I’m only doing both Gisburns, and possibly Lee Quarry).

I think all the female’s are just in the same Category?

skydragon
    Free Member

Another PMBA Enduro question;

from a newbie – How technically hard are the PMBA stages and what level of rider do you need to be to stand a chance of getting round safely and enjoyably?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

You don’t have to do every round, I will be missing Grizedale this year because of work not because it was where I broke my wrist last year…

They are not that technical really, however some stages will have jumps and drops normally they have chicken runs but it is more fun if you can do them.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Expect a few drops with optional chicken runs, but most of the stages are similar to red/black trail centre sections.

The parts I found most difficult were muddy churned up sections after a bit of rain and 300 or so riders practising all morning.

Tracey

Thanks, will try and get it sorted for her.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As above, think all the females get lumped into one category.

As for how difficult it is, I guess you’d class it as a mix of red/black trail centre stuff. If theres anything like a big jump or drop then there’ll be chicken runs. The exception to this rule was Lee/Cock Hill. The Lee Quarry stuff was ok but the secret DH stage and Cock Hill was up a notch from black trail centre stuff. Steep, off-camber, natural, rocks etc etc. Really, really good fun. I keep meaning to mail the organisers to see if stage 2 from the 2014 series finale is open to ride normally…

skydragon
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, also just watched some youtube videos of the 2014 stages.

Simon

Dave, you forgot to mention the Chute of Death at Lee Quarry 🙂

Tracey

She’s in so its now up to her.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve spent the last 4 months trying to forget about it Simon. The slippyness and exposure proper freaked me out!

fooman

At least 3 timed on the chute I thought “that’s it I’m over the bars” but somehow managed to hang on. The Gisburn rounds were a lot more in my comfort zone.

kevduckworth

Thanks for answering Tracye’s questions, seems you have the info now.
    Round 1 is 90% full, round 2 is 70% full, be quick on both of those if you want in.

Kev
    PMBA Enduro Series Organiser

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PMBA 2015 Enduro questions’ is closed to new replies.