Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Plymouth: 30 days of biking conundrum
  • montgomery
    Free Member

Scenario: I’m doing the April 30 days biking thing and it’s going fine so far. One issue, though: I’m in Plymouth Friday 29th-Sunday 1st May, visiting girlfriend’s family.

Problem: family members are strange individuals who don’t own bikes, and I can’t take mine down with me. I did ask, but the response wasn’t encouraging (“You’re bloody obsessed with your bikes! You care more about them than me, blah blah.”).

Possible solution: I can get in some riding on Friday before we go, but Saturday is the problem – I don’t want to fail on the final day of the month! Are there any places in Plymouth that hire out bikes short term (one hour or less)? Or does anyone live there, and would be willing to let me ride up and down the street on some bike they have lying around?

atlaz
    Free Member

Can you do your friday ride starting at 11pm? Whack in a couple of hours and tick off both days in one ride 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Sneak one of these into your bag

lapierrelady
    jam-bo

try rockets and rascals down on the barbican. good coffee too.

http://plymouth.rocketsandrascals.com/pages/plymouth-bike-hire

montgomery
    Free Member

Hmmm, I thought I could sell the idea of us all hiring a combination of tandem and ebikes from the first link above, cunningly presenting it as a legitimate ‘family activity.’ Cue massive argument…

montgomery
    Free Member

‘Kin hell, she’s still banging on at me two hours later.

jruk
    Free Member

Non-bikers. You can’t live with them and you can’t shoot them…

carlphillips
    Free Member

where in Plymuff will you be?

montgomery
    Free Member

Reasonably central – about 35 minutes walk from bus station.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Find a proper bike shop, explain situation, leave keys/wallet/valuables and demo a bike round the car park? Does that count?

xc-steve
    Free Member

Proper bike shop…. lol this is plymouth we’re talking about!

I’m away at the dyfi on Sat/Sun but would happily lend one of my bike out on the Friday if your at a loose end. (all Large if that’ll fit)

montgomery
    Free Member

Still arguing…off to the Quantocks for an overnighter now. Might not be going to Plymouth at this rate!

jam-bo

Reasonably central – about 35 minutes walk from bus station.

that would get you to the outskirts of plymouth…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Plymouth: 30 days of biking conundrum’ is closed to new replies.