Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PlusNet or TalkTalk?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

which is best?

to save confusing anything, just want opinions on PlusNet and TalkTalk – thanks 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Happy Talk Talk user here. Service drops off from time to time for a couple of minutes, but I put that down to rural location.
    I had a good long chat with customer services a while back, they were perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
    Hear good things about PlusNet too.

soma_rich
    Free Member

happy talk talk user here too. We went over our 40gig limit last month but we had no charge and they sent a letter saying if we do it three months in a row they will up our plan to 80gig for an extra fiver which I thought was very fair. Never had to use their customer service though.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, I’ve never had a PlusNet salesman come to my door and give it the hard sell, so I’d go with them.

[edit]Was on PlusNet for years before moving to Sky. The service was good, but the customer service was crap when I needed them.

saxabar
    Free Member

PlusNet user here. Living out in the sticks, service is OK and has only dropped once in the year (last week). Being due to a national problem it was impossible to get through to the call centre, but the problem remedied itself within a few hours.

Doug
    Free Member

Whichever is LLU.your exchange is still just ADSL Max.

stophe
    Free Member

Plus net here. Had to phone customer service the other day and they were very good. Not had the service drop out in a year. Speed in my area is pretty slow, but the throttling of traffic is sometimes a pain. Probably going to try their FTTC service to see if that fixes it.

project
    Free Member

Talk talk are closing a call centre down in the uk, 200 plus jobs going.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks guys

Murray

Had BT->Zen->TalkTalk-BT over the years. BT is now rubbish customer service “Ryanair”, TalkTalk was “EasyJet”, Zen was great. I’ll be paying the premium to go back to Zen (because I can afford it at the moment. If I had less money I’d go back to TalkTalk,

edlong
    Free Member

plusnet, used them for about 8 years, never had any problems.

kcal

happy enough with PlusNet, customer service can be a pain but they get there in the end and are good at getting back with a response.

don’t have any cable option around here, but decent broadband usage and speed seems fine.

I understood that TT were at same time opening another (smaller – 25 jobs) call centre in Stornaway, project?

TheFopster
    Free Member

Happy PlusNet user here. Have always found them very helpful and service is reliable. Used to use Virgin and while they are good when I started (8 years ago) went downhill fast. Unlike me on my bike.

I’ll get my coat. See you all in the bad jokes thread.

legend
    Free Member

Plus net user for years here. They even give you a wee call back to make sure everything’s ok even if something you spoke to them about turns out to not be their fault 🙂

docrobster
    Free Member

Very happy plusnet customer since 2004 here.

bigyinn
    Free Member

TalkTalk for the LLU broadband, but if anything goes wrong their customer service can be woeful. On the plus side their DSL is frequently better than what BT can supply in marginal areas. Used them for about 5 years, but when service started falling over they wernt much help. Moved house 200 yards away and they wouldn’t let me keep my number and tried to claim it costs £300 to do. Utter bollocks, so I told them go whistle. Did it my self through work (I work in telecoms as a provisioner of lines so know what can and cant be done!)
    PlusNet i’ve heard reasonble things about, but they are wholly owned by BT, so don’t expect anything wonderful.

kendalcottages
    Free Member

At home, I used to be with Talktalk and changed to Plusnet. Happier with the latter.

At work, I use Zen who seem better still, but cost more.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PlusNet or TalkTalk?’ is closed to new replies.