Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Plusnet. Crap honest broardband from Yorkshire
  • edward2000
    Free Member

A Plusnet (BT) engineer was due to visit my house today. He didnt come, I was in all day, theres ample parking in my quiet cul-de-sac so those excuses aren’t valid. I now need to take another day off work to let him in. I spoke to plusnet to discuss this, They put me on hold for half an hour on an expensive 0800 number.

Im going to complain like hell but i would be interested to know if I am within my rights to cancel the contract?

chvck
    Free Member

Don’t know about the contract but do complain, they usually recompense. I’ve been using them for ages including a few moves and they’ve been excellent for me. I imagine that it’ll also be a BT engineer.

withersea
    Free Member

Hi – assume this is for the initial instillation – I also had a similar experience. the first bit is done by BT who in turn normally contract it out. Don’t be surprised if the engineer still turns up in the next half hour.

the service when delivered is actually pretty good, hang on in there if you can.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

0800 ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

An expensive 0800 number?

legend
    Free Member

Been with Plus Net for must be going on 15 years now, always been an awesome service so wouldn’t be put off yet. Unfortunately yes you do with to get setup by BT, but after that you’re laughing.

0800 as in freephone 0800?! Mother of God!

allthepies
    Free Member

I guess he means 0845

edward2000
    Free Member

0800 numbers from mobiles are not cheap

legend
    Free Member

I bet they’ll give a refund (assuming you didn’t have a landline to use as they were due to connect it?) if you ask them in a civilised manner rather than “complain like hell”

edward2000
    Free Member

there is nothing more effective than politely complaining like hell

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

If you take the first 0 off doesn’t it become free?
    And I’ve had a whole load of trouble with my plusnet internet but I realise where to stick the blame – BT. Engineers not turning up, double booking. A whole load of hell which I *WILL* be getting a refund for but I know its 80% BT Openreach and 20% Plusnet. Thing is BT don’t care because the clueless customer, i.e. in this case you, blames Plusnet and goes to BT instead.

jon1973
    Free Member

0800 as in freephone 0800?! Mother of God!

I didn’t think 0800 numbers were free when called from a mobile.

edit – 14p / min on Vodafone

mother of God! 😉

Northwind

Was an F9 customer, now Plusnet, always been good for me. Discovered a while back that I was stuck on an uncompetitive tariff, had a bit of a moan, they changed me overnight and refunded me the difference between mine and the new one, right back to when the new one was launched- didn’t expect that at all.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The irony is, if you’re out when BT call they can charge you £150 for a missed appt. I’d be sending them an invoice for a similar amount. might take a while, but do it!

unovolo
    Free Member

Moral to this is either dial from a landline or look up Plusnet on ‘Say no to 0870’ and get a alternative number to dial from your Mobile,such as
    0114 296 5188 or 0345 140 0200 thus being able to use your inclusive minutes.

chvck
    Free Member

0114 296 5188 or 0345 140 0200 thus being able to use your inclusive minutes.

Dunno if it’s free but that second number is listed as residential support on the plusnet website

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Plusnet. Crap honest broardband from Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.