Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Plusnet any good?
  • MoreCashThanDash

BT deal needs renewing. Phone and broadband only, not cabled out here.

PlusNet or Sky come cheapest on comparison sites. TBH, despite their appalling reputation we’ve had no real problems with BT, I’d be happy to stay for a similar price deal to avoid farting around changing emails where we use our BT email addresses.

Have some qualms about feeding Mr Murdoch’s empire, so what are PlusNet like to use?

Northwind

I’ve been with them since force 9, they’ve been grand tbh. I mean, i can’t compare with anyone else but very good uptime, decent speeds, no real quibbles.

Flaperon

Third year with them now on an 80/20 FTTC connection. So far so good but occasional issues streaming BBC iPlayer at peak times, presumably down to network congestion.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Had to give up Plusnet broadband subs when I moved to Spain 18 months ago but kept my email service via webmail. This month to date, they have sent me 11 emails telling me they are taking the March direct debit. The email has also gone pear shaped, frequently timing out and giving error messages. I emailled them to inform them and they replied telling me to contact them by phone, 3 times.

Pook

Generally ok here. Think we’re ready for a new box though. They’ve been good in tech support when needed. Just the once mind

nealglover
    Free Member

I was with them for two years.. started off getting 38meg day and night, never changed.
    For the last six months would get anywhere from 5meg down to under 1meg at peak times. Tried everything they suggested to fix the problem but gave up in the end and went to Sky.
    Back up to 35-40meg constant.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Plusnet? Is that Mumsnet for chubbies?

mattyfez

I found raising a support ticket the best way of dealing with them, if you can still log in as a customer.

I was generally happy with them after initial set up issues that were more down to openreach than them to be fair.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No probs since we went with them over 4 years ago. We don’t download much mind so speeds aren’t that important to us.
    & a good thing is when I did need to speak to them I spoke to Bob in Northern England, whom i could understand & not ‘David’ in Delhi, (when with Talk Talk) whom I couldn’t.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Had an intermittent problem with then recently and they agreed if they couldn’t fix it I would be free to cancel the contract with no fees. They couldn’t fix it but decided to change their mind about the cancellation despite me having it in writing.

To be fair, prior to this is always found them to be incompetent at best anyway – for example they’ve spelt my name wrong on my login details etc so they don’t recognise my actual name because they spelt it wrong or the wrong version because it doesn’t match the bill payer’s, ie mine! Every time I try to contact them there’s a fuckabout establishing who I am and they can’t change anything because when it’s set on day 1 that’s it.

Does you proud? Does your bloody head in more like.

colournoise

Been with them since November. No issues once up and running (pretty much constant 50/10 connection on an 80/20 contact, which given our location and history is bloody good) and they gave me a free month when we connected as there were some teething troubles, which actually turned out to be my fault…

slowoldman

I was with Metronet for donkeys years prior to them being taken over by Plusnet. No complaints at all with either. On the very rare occasion I’ve needed it the tech support has been excellent – and understandable.

mudmuncher

First day of Plusnet broadband (under the John Lewis name)

They forgot to post me the router, so no internet the last 3 days.

Used to get 2-3Mb with BT, but so far the last 4-5 speed tests have given me 0.4Mb.

Just spent 45minutes on hold to be told to give it a week to let the router settle down.

Seriously unimpressed so far.

legend
    Free Member

Been with them since back in early 56k days, only times I’ve had an issue are when BT are a necessity.

Currently sitting at 51Mbps, so quite happy with that

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Plusnet any good?’ is closed to new replies.